Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock chain is stretched to the limit so I'm in the market for a new one. Im also thinking I should update my sprockets while I'm there. I mostly do trails and mx riding. I've read that the DID ert2 gold chain is a good chain. I also found on rmatv the primary drive package which is chain, spockets sold together for a good price. Would there be any downfalls to the primary drive chain? Also what are the stock sprockets 14, 39?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just go up one sprocket tooth in the front to a 15 and leave the rear one stock. You will love the more linear useable power. Use a good RK or DID chain. they will perform great. Just make sure that all your sprockets are steel.. last longer and more bang for your buck.

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
Yes you do loose bottom end with a 15t front. All depends on where you want the power. I ride tight woods/trails and im running primary drive chain/sprocket set with 12t front and 44t rear and its awsome to me. Pulls really hard and i dont care for the top speed crap anyways. Chain and sprokets been on for 2 years now with no problems. Bought the kit off ebay for i think 74 bux shipped Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
156 Posts
your raptor has so much torque you will never miss it with a 15 tooth. Unless your crawling though the trails you really wont need it. The nice thing is it is a easy swap for front sprockets. you will just need to buy a 36 mm. socket. Trust me you will freaking love it. You wont rev out as much in first and the rest of your gearing will just keep pulling. You will keep up with the Banshees for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts