Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 660 that needs to have the front and rear sprockets changed. I don't want to increase the speed or torque I just want to put a new set on. The teeth are cupped pretty bad. What do you recommend and from who? There are a lot of cheap sets on eBay but I don't want to buy the cheapest set if their junk.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I purchased one of the lesser expensive chains from RockyMountainatv.com and it has held up great. I just made sure it had at least an 8000# tensile strength. I've read that that is what others recommend on here. Renthal makes good sprockets.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread. I had my 660 break down yesterday because my rear sprocket is all warped. I read somewhere that if you are to replace either sprocket or chain, then it is best to replace all three at the same time. I want to keep the torque and speed the same as well; but need to know what brand I should go with. I know Renthal is a good brand, but I heard that aluminum sprockets don't last long. What do all of you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
The stock sprockets are 13 front and 40 rear. If you liked that setup, keep it.

Typically O and X ring chains are preferred over standard chains because they will last longer due to their lubrication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.