Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Raptor 700R Minty Fresh
Noticed that this chain tensioner wheel up close to the front sproket started to make noise, so I took the bearing out and noticed it had ruff spots and replaced it. $50.00 dollars for this tiny little bearing, seemed to do the trick for awhile but now its making the noise again. I dont even ride my raptor in the mudd, so its not like the bearing is getting filthy all the time. Have installed DID X-Ring Gold chain aswell, free play is about an 1.25 inchs. Any ideas how to fix?:p

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I replaced mine with a dual bearing roller, took care of the issue, you can get them for about 15 bucks on line. My stock one didn't make it but a couple months before it started making noise. Bummer on 50 bucks for a bearing, who charged you that ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya when the first one went I took it apart and thought what a peace of shit, to only put one bearing in the side of the drive wheel with that big heavy chain flying through there, I was going to take it to work and machine the back out, so I could put two bearings in there, cuz you know the fruit cakes down at my yamaha dealer told me I cant get one with two bearings." He just wanted me to buy another quad" Thanks for the info do you know which company makes the part?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it through a yamaha dealer, but the main difference is I'm up here in Canada lots of stuff is twice the price. Duel Bearing Roller for Life!

·
Premium Member
756 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I had the same problem with bearing failure. I tried SKF and other well known manufacturers but in the end I settled with cheap ones off ebay that are 10 bucks a dozen amd change them regularly. The bearings are 608 2Z double metal sheilds) or 608 2RS (double rubber sheilds)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya checked chain slack tonight and man was it out I had about 1 11/16 slack I think your allowed max 1 1/4, I guess thats why I blew my new bearing in under a month. Also does your foot shifter slide in and just a liitle bit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts