Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new as a member here so hoping I'm doing this right. I was tightening my drive chain the other day and snapped clutch side bolt off. Now for some reason the previous owner welded the hubs on the the rear axle. I'm just trying to figure out what I can do now. I also have to heli-coil the holes. Any idea what is the best thing for me to do? If someone knows, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Rear hubs are probably welded on the axle because the splines were worn and the hubs were loose on the axle. Ethire way the hubs and axle are junk even if you would grind the welds down to remove the hubs.

As for the chain adjusters I would receomend pulling the bolts clear out and gooping them up with antisieze. Steel bot threaded in to aluminum makes for a nice siezed bolt. Expecially on the swing arm where it is blasted with all kinds of drit, mud, and water.

For a replacement axle you could get a G Force extended axle from Rocky Mountain ATV, find a good set of used hubs. You might be able to find a used swing arm for cheap as well.

If you had some cash to burn you could always upgrade to the Honda style carrier. It makes for a much easier chain adjustment. The bearing carrier is oblonged. You just crack the pinch bolts loose and rotate the carrier inside the swing arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts