Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here's my problem, i tightened my chain about 10 days ago, went out riding in the trails where it was muddy and lots of water, when i got home i realized i had not tightened the 4 bolts that i losened in the first place to tighten my chain, now i cant get the chain to losen or tighten, i put in an allen wrench in either hole and when i push it or pull it nothing happens except the wheels dragging but not the chain losening or tightening, does anyone have any ideas what i can do to get my chain lose?? or tight for that matter.....thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Take the axle out check your swingarm / bearing carrier. If you left the bolts loose then there is probably something F-d up in the carrier. Good luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I noticed you said your wheels are dragging. Thats going to be a problem there cause your wheels should be rolling when you are loosening or tightening your chain, they should not be dragging.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am sure you checked this, but once I had not loosened the 4 bolts all the way. Bike would not move, had to loosen the 4 bolts almost to the point of coming out. I thought they were loose enough. Probably not the solution to your problem.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
cbase31 said:
I am sure you checked this, but once I had not loosened the 4 bolts all the way. Bike would not move, had to loosen the 4 bolts almost to the point of coming out. I thought they were loose enough. Probably not the solution to your problem.
I 2nd this. Let's hope for your sake cause the alternative is a lot more work. Me being a obssessive compulsive I would still take the axle out and clean it out check the bearings, replace if needed, and get 'er back on the road.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
God I love this site :metal:...Lets me learn from other people's mistakes rather than just my own...Hope it's an easy fix for you though man :thumbsup:

Michael

·
Registered
87 Posts
So? What was the problem, did you get it fixed? Curious to find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts