Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil today. Started it up ran fine, went around the block then parked it to cool down and shower. Went and checked the oil, was a little low so I put a bit in then went to start it to move it. All the lights on the dash lit up then the neutral light came on like normal. I pushed the start button heard a click and the neutral light went off. I turn the key off then back on and no lights will come on. Checked the fuses they are all good. Turned on the Trail Tech to see if the voltage was low, with the key off it reads 10 something, when I turn the key on it drops to 3-5 volts. Anybody know what the problem is?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery somehow

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try throwing the charger on it to see if that helps I guess

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Sounds like a dead battery somehow
X2, if your battery is reading less than 12.8V (with everything off) it's on it's way to the grave... Did you leave anything on when you went for that shower? Was the key in? If you left the light on long enough it could simply be drained.

Check your connections too, could just be a loose pole on the battery...

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No nothing was left on, key was hanging on the rack which is why I didn't think it was the battery. I did put the jump box on it and it started then killed a couple seconds later. Put it back on and it started again, drove it around then it idled. It's sitting on the charger now so we'll see what happens I guess. Time to look for a new battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts