Raptor Forum banner

changen sprocket size too?

3K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  04RAPTOR350BOY17 
#1 ·
Hey every one im new to this but I was wondering what sprocket sizes are you usen.

#6 ·
nope im stock and it has the power for the 15t but im going to re-jet and put a new silencer and headpipeon for more power :thumbsup:

#7 ·
mrbobby I have a dr.d pipe and gytr air filter rejetted for taking my air box lid off.
thanks
But i want it set for racing? so any help will be appreciated.

#8 ·
Jordankr4
what kind of torq do you have with that sprocket?

#10 ·
what kind of riding do you do?
i race mx with mine i need all the torq and push out of the
whole i can get?

#11 ·
i do mostly trail riding, i think there is still enough torq there with the bigger sproket

#14 ·
I had to go +2 in the front and -2 in the back after an engine build. :thumbsup:

#17 ·
webb429 said:
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
integlikewhoa said:
I had to go +2 in the front and -2 in the back after an engine build. :thumbsup:
15 up front..36 rear.....what kinda engine build you do...a 396 big bore are what?
:3question:
lol i dont know i just typed something :thumbsup:.....

#18 ·
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
integlikewhoa said:
15 up front..36 rear.....what kinda engine build you do...a 396 big bore are what?
I did a 430cc kit in the girls bike. Port and polish, edelbrock carb, +1mm SS valves, springs and retaiers, crazy cam, clutch kit, and a few extra little goodies outside the engine. Pro design, HMF, big bear oil cooler with Stainless Steel bradied lines, trail tech vapor w/ bar clamp holder, and asv levers. I did the break in run and still need to do the oil change and tune the beast. Runs good so far. It's only a 11:1 but I ran VP C12 on it. Hopefully Ill get her tuned soon and then i can see what she can really do. Im hopeing for around 40-45 hp.

#19 ·
integlikewhoa said:
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
integlikewhoa said:
I did a 430cc kit in the girls bike. Port and polish, edelbrock carb, +1mm SS valves, springs and retaiers, crazy cam, clutch kit, and a few extra little goodies outside the engine. Pro design, HMF, big bear oil cooler with Stainless Steel bradied lines, trail tech vapor w/ bar clamp holder, and asv levers. I did the break in run and still need to do the oil change and tune the beast. Runs good so far. It's only a 11:1 but I ran VP C12 on it. Hopefully Ill get her tuned soon and then i can see what she can really do. Im hopeing for around 40-45 hp.
oh that awsome how much for all the engine work??

#20 ·
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
integlikewhoa said:
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
integlikewhoa said:
Well when i bought the bikes there was excactly a 2,000 out the door difference. I thought i was saving. Well I have over that just into the engine. I learned my lesson. Next time im just going to get 2 of the same bikes.

#21 ·
integlikewhoa said:
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
integlikewhoa said:
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
integlikewhoa said:
Well when i bought the bikes there was excactly a 2,000 out the door difference. I thought i was saving. Well I have over that just into the engine. I learned my lesson. Next time im just going to get 2 of the same bikes.
lol i hear ya...i dont wonna spend that much on it maybe 700-1,000 if that..i want a YFZ450....what you have a 700R

#22 ·
Yea I bought both at the same time. The 700 is stock as we speek, but i do have on order DMC duals (backordered), pro designs, and power commander. Ill problely do a full engine rebuild in a few month on the 700 also.
I did all the labor except the machine shop work for the 350. I had fun and it turned out good. Nothing like 804cc on my raptor.

The kit alone (cam, crank, rod, sleeve, piton, springs, and retainers) was i think 14-1500. The carb was like 450, the valves like 150.00 the intake 110, the exhaust 200, machine shop labor (lighten flywheel, bore case and cylinder to fit new sleeve, install sleeve, install larger valves and port and polish head) 650.00, balance flywheel 45.00, asv's 170, oil cooler, lines, fittings, and big bear adaptors 175, vapor and dashboard 150, Vp C12 fuel 60, 2 filters and oil for break in and first oil change 70, front and rear sprockets 40. Wheels and tires and few other little ins and outs, extra needles and such Im sure i have over 3g's total into it and it was rode 2 times, one in dirt one on sand before it was built, then one for break in. And now i need to tune. So 3 times its been out and the last time it was only rode lightly for 1 hour.

#23 ·
integlikewhoa said:
Yea I bought both at the same time. The 700 is stock as we speek, but i do have on order DMC duals (backordered), pro designs, and power commander. Ill problely do a full engine rebuild in a few month on the 700 also.
I did all the labor except the machine shop work for the 350. I had fun and it turned out good. Nothing like 804cc on my raptor.

The kit alone (cam, crank, rod, sleeve, piton, springs, and retainers) was i think 14-1500. The carb was like 450, the valves like 150.00 the intake 110, the exhaust 200, machine shop labor (lighten flywheel, bore case and cylinder to fit new sleeve, install sleeve, install larger valves and port and polish head) 650.00, balance flywheel 45.00, asv's 170, oil cooler, lines, fittings, and big bear adaptors 175, vapor and dashboard 150, Vp C12 fuel 60, 2 filters and oil for break in and first oil change 70, front and rear sprockets 40. Wheels and tires and few other little ins and outs, extra needles and such Im sure i have over 3g's total into it and it was rode 2 times, one in dirt one on sand before it was built, then one for break in. And now i need to tune. So 3 times its been out and the last time it was only rode lightly for 1 hour.
yeah..i just want to get a cam,piton,pipe...then get some +2 or +3 a-arm's and alxe then i'll be done with it lol.......i was plan on get a yfz this summer but it probably be next summer befor i get one... :thumbsup:

#24 ·
I had bought them still payin payments, no title in hand, was use twice, figured by the time i sold it without the title in hand took a loss, went out and bought a 700 it would be to much trouble for me. So i figured keep it and make it one bad ass 350. And if it didnt turn out as bad ass as i wanted it, I had to just keep in my mind it was only for the lady that doesnt drag race anyways. But next time i buy im going to buy 2 big bikes and that way the playing field is leveled.

#25 ·
integlikewhoa said:
I had bought them still payin payments, no title in hand, was use twice, figured by the time i sold it without the title in hand took a loss, went out and bought a 700 it would be to much trouble for me. So i figured keep it and make it one bad ass 350. And if it didnt turn out as bad ass as i wanted it, I had to just keep in my mind it was only for the lady that doesnt drag race anyways. But next time i buy im going to buy 2 big bikes and that way the playing field is leveled.
yeah with the engine work it should make low 40's hp...in with the gearin you have it should make low 70's mph maybe even mid 70's but idk... :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.