Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket rear hub that can be mounted on my stock Raptor 660 axle that will have a Polaris (4 on 4) bolt pattern?

The reason for this off-the-wall question: A friend of mine has some Skat Trak haulers but he sold his Scrambler 500. He is giving me a good deal (great deal actually) but they are mounted on Douglas rims with a polaris bolt pattern.

I am guessing that I'll end up buying new rims and selling the Polaris style rims. The tires and rims only have about 1 hour of riding time on them... he bought them and just didn't like them because he liked to shift in and out of 4 wheel drive too often.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
There are adapter hubs, they usually cost a couple hundred dollars and I've never seen one for that bolt pattern from the polaris.

Either drill a new set of holes for your bolt pattern or, as you said, buy new wheels for your bike and swap them out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about drilling new holes to match the 4/115 bolt pattern. Is there a good way to do this and make sure it is centered? or would a machine shop have to do it? I'll probably just sell the polaris rims and buy new. Anyone looking for 4/4 bolt pattern rims?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I was wrong... the paddle tires I got are Skat Trak Extremes. They are 20x10x10 with 8 paddles. As I stated before, I'm going to try to drill out the Douglas rims they are on.

I noticed on my stock rear hubs, there are 4 tabs that help center the rim with my stock rims. The Douglas rims do not have a large enough center hole to accomodate these tabs. What is the best option here? Use washers to space the wheels away from the hubs a bit and avoid the tabs? Will my stock wheels become unusable if I ground the tabs off? Should I try to modify the new douglas rims to accomodate the tabs? Any advice would be awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts