Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 3 mods done to my Raptor with the PCIII mapped for lid off, can I put the lid on without changing the map. Will it run ok ? Will it just run a little richer or will it foul plug? Any input would be appreciated....... Thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have seen dyno charts showing that the lid makes a pretty good size difference in power so I think you should remap if your gonna put the lid back on. I know on my 660 taking the lid off makes such a big difference that the jetting has to be changed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. It makes sense.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Teraflx said:
I have seen dyno charts showing that the lid makes a pretty good size difference in power so I think you should remap if your gonna put the lid back on. I know on my 660 taking the lid off makes such a big difference that the jetting has to be changed.
My sons map is for lid off. When we go trail riding, we put the lid back on. This is because of the amount of water on the trails here in East TN. I'm fairly sure that when we put the lid on, the bike must be on the rich side, however, he has never fouled a plug or had any noticable problems. Here at our home and when drag racing, we remove the lid. Hope this may help.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
^^ Well its always better to be rich then lean (engine safety aspect) so its not gonna hurt anything. But im sure the bike isnt at its 100% potential at that particular map.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help. I think i will plan to run with the lid off since that is what the map is for, and if it is really dusty or alot of water i will just run with the lid on and make no map changes. thanks for your help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
any problems running lid of with a stock set up???

·
Registered
899 Posts
blue02r1 said:
Thanks for your help. I think i will plan to run with the lid off since that is what the map is for, and if it is really dusty or alot of water i will just run with the lid on and make no map changes. thanks for your help :thumbsup:
Real wet here...the 700 puts up with it good without a lid. I run without the plug on the bottom of the airbox too so if any water gets in it just runs out.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
northerngn said:
Thats gonna lean your bike out and lean means more power over rich but its also harder on the engine. I personally would not do it till I got a controller.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Teraflx said:
northerngn said:
Thats gonna lean your bike out and lean means more power over rich but its also harder on the engine. I personally would not do it till I got a controller.
But from what I have "felt" the lean condition you get by doing this actually nets a LOSS in power/Tq. You might gain a tad in the bottom, but the mid and top suck when stock with the lid removed. Just not enough gas! AND like you said, its going to possibly do damage, or lead to future engine damage.
NOT WORTH IT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts