Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went out and got a new plug wondering how and the hell to get to it, can't see it without taking anything apart, maybe someone can enlighten me to where the plug is located and if I have to be a contortionist to get to it or not, thanks ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
use the oem plug wrench...follw the plug wire from the coil....pull the boot out of the head....place the plug "wrench/socket" in the hole pt wrench on it and turn it out (lefty loosey)....remove plug....put new plug socket after gappped .035.... place socket/plu in hole and finger tighten, the use wrench to tighten when you are sure it is not cross threaded...do not strip it out, it is alumanim and is easy to do so.... replace boot and ride,

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have the oem plug wrench, do I need one or can I just use a regular 11/16 plug socket :3question:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
17 or 18mm, a 2" extension and ratchet
If you use a standard socket a 5/16" I.D. hose about 3" long works for fishing the plug out of the head. Also works well for putting the new plug in without crossing the threads. The hose fits snug over the porcilin of the plug.
I drop the socket and extension into the head before putting the ratchet on.

If you have compressed air available blow some in the drain hole on the right side of the head, any dirt that made it past the plug boot should come out the top and not down into the cylinder.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have only been able to get mine out with a sparkplug wrench " stole it off my honda " I bought right size deepwall socket but it would not fit in the hole? I herd of you guys useing 17/18mm sockets what brand are you useing?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
standard 3/4" sparkplug socket will work, unless its heavy duty in which case the side walls are too thick and the overall diameter of the socket prevents it from fitting in the hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts