Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if there is a cheap and easy way to lower my 07 700. Unfortunately spent most of my budget that the wife will let me throw at this toy in engine mods. I do basically all my riding on trails and in fields but would like a little lower center of gravity for better handling and top speed stability. I do want to still be able to be aggresive on the trails and take those hard hits and possibly get air borne from time to time. I've heard on here about flipping the rear link, how easy is this any instructions anywhere? What about the front?

·
Registered
437 Posts
the rear link flip is the way to go for the rear. takes 15 minutes if that and lowers it a good 1.5-2 inches. i did it to mine and lovvvvvve it lol. far as the front get some yfz shocks thats how imma lower mine plus so a arms but good luck man

·
Registered
749 Posts
I love the yfz shocks on mine. I have a arm guards but still was worried about clearance in the front and have no issues at all in the trails with it being a little lower. Got them cheap too...practically new for $150 shipped and no chips in paint

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the yfz shocks on mine. I have a arm guards but still was worried about clearance in the front and have no issues at all in the trails with it being a little lower. Got them cheap too...practically new for $150 shipped and no chips in paint
Are there certain year and model yfz shocks that have to be used?

·
Registered
749 Posts
all of the older models work. 2004-2008 or whatever it is. the yfzr models are the long travel. i believe the 450x shocks work.

the valving is different on the years of shocks though. i think the 2004's and/or 2005's were the stiffer ones ? i opted to go for the 2006 year since that's when it was changed for a softer ride. i believe they were changed again (even better) in 2008. i did a ton of research before i bought mine a few years ago, so i forget all of the actual detailed specs. i think i just googled everything lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all of the older models work. 2004-2008 or whatever it is. the yfzr models are the long travel. i believe the 450x shocks work.

the valving is different on the years of shocks though. i think the 2004's and/or 2005's were the stiffer ones ? i opted to go for the 2006 year since that's when it was changed for a softer ride. i believe they were changed again (even better) in 2008. i did a ton of research before i bought mine a few years ago, so i forget all of the actual detailed specs. i think i just googled everything lol
Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
absolutly yeah i have the fliped link and hit jumps all the time my brother has both and same with him hell ur better off on the jumps that way

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
If the rear is lowered 1.5-2 and the front 1" then is the stance of the bike level?
No...the stock stance is setup with the front being 1/2" higher..the rear just looks higher because of the rear plastics design..you always want more travel on ur front cause it hits stuff first especially in the whoops...lowering ur quad takes away wheel travel and ground clearance...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts