Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few of you know im BRAND NEW to this site and to the raptor side of the world. I already have some performance parts as you see in my sig. Im just wanting to know what else i could do that is some what cheap? I hear about the spark plug wire and the sprockets but what are the +/- of these? What else could be done to get a few more horses out of it? Im trying to get all the little things done before i take it to a dyno and re-tune it. Thanks Jeremiah

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
So a few of you know im BRAND NEW to this site and to the raptor side of the world. I already have some performance parts as you see in my sig. Im just wanting to know what else i could do that is some what cheap? I hear about the spark plug wire and the sprockets but what are the +/- of these? What else could be done to get a few more horses out of it? Im trying to get all the little things done before i take it to a dyno and re-tune it. Thanks Jeremiah
You could have your TB honned out a little. The front sprocket is pretty cheap. The ignition wire so I have been reading, but have yet to do it. Its on my list though. Or you could just contact Jokers Vault and let them sell you a Turbo. They have a hell of a deal going right now. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll pass on the turbo i do alot of trail riding lol. What kind of sprocket should i get and what tooth number. I have looked it up but really can it make that much of a difference?

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
I'll pass on the turbo i do alot of trail riding lol. What kind of sprocket should i get and what tooth number. I have looked it up but really can it make that much of a difference?
I would say a 15t for the trails and a 13t for the sand if you ever play in it. They are cheap and run about $20 or so. The Rev limiter will give you a few MPH but not much. Not enough to cut wires IMO. :D You next major mod that will help alot is suspension.

Seeing as how you already have the Big 3, that's where I would begin my next steps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya im looking at JD performance right now for suspension. I dont want to do any motor work tell the motor craps out on me so im just waiting lol, that and im in the proscess of rebuilding my 250r

·
Registered
240 Posts
+1 on the TB go +3 and do the Dynatek Programmable it will remove your top speed limiter and extend your powerband some along with the TB:cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what is TB if I'm thinking right throttle body. I could be wrong though

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im use to my 250r and well it has a carb. This raptor is a HUGE difference to me so do the TB +3? Why would i need a Dynatek Programmable? I already have one of those for my ignition is it the same thing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dont want to do any motor work tell the motor craps out on me so im just waiting lol
thats what i said:lol:, but it takes a while to make a stock motor in these crap out. so i just ended up doing the tqs 11.5:1 piston and it was well worth the money and soo easy to install im glad i didnt wait any longer to do it. but about the only bolt on you dont have is the TB, so id do that and then like familyguy said work on the suspension.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just thought of this, you could also get an evac valve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts