Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am asking this for my friend once again.. Are there any cheaper suspension upgrade alternatives for a Warrior 350? For example, on my 400ex I bolted on 450r shocks with 30 seconds on fabrication to make it work so essentially its a bolt and go. Does something like this exist for a warrior. I am talking about stock shocks with reservoirs that are found on YFZ450/newer LTR400/Raptor 700/450r? Will any work or is there something else.. Any info would be great.. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The geometry with extended a-arms will still be off, unless they are long travel arms. The bike will simply not sit quite as high because of the greater leverage placed on them.

The 450R shocks are the same length and designed for roughly the same size and weight of atv. For a Warrior/Rap350 the shocks from all of the atvs you listed troutman would be far longer than the OEM. I would be barking up the banshee tree if I were you, aftermarket though, the OEM aren't really any better than what you have now.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
i have a relocator for sale for $50 so you can use yfz, trx or kfx shocks. this is a great set up for stock arms and for the rear id recommend a banshee rear and an 01 660 shock will work but it will lift the back end. if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys...

I did measure my 450r shocks and they are a little over an inch longer than the Warrior shocks as you all already knew.. From what I am reading it does seem like there are options before he goes into aftermarket pricing though.. BeastlyWarrior, what is this relocator you speak of and what exactly is involved once you get it to adapt YFZ450 shocks to the bike??

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
it bolts to the stock upper shock mounts and moves the top mount up and over so the 450 shocks just bolt on. the mod is really popular with 300ex people too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool.. My friend wont be in the financial position to buy for about a month.. And its still up in the air for him I was just testing the waters.. Thanks again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts