Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Quick question for my fellow Raptor fanatics.....
I would like to order a +4mm stroker crank.
I noticed Rocket Factory has it on sale for $950.
But on the Barker website it says MSRP is $699. Thats a big diff.
do you guys know if I order direct from Barker ?

·
Registered
689 Posts
would also like to know.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys...That was fast !!

·
Registered
305 Posts
No you cant order stright from barker. He only sales to his selected vedors listed on his sight. I have talked to him about the some problems gesick and rocketfactory were having on sales and priceing of these cranks. All he could tell me about the price differences is that rocket factory buys new cranks and sends them to barker for the mods and gesick uses your core (or other used cores) and sends them into barker. Barker does the same work for both of them, and they are both authroized dealers of barker. Just used crank vs. new crank. Maybe rocket factory can comment on this and their theory on why they choose new more expensive cranks vs. saveing a few bucks.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Just so all you guys know, I primarily deal in the 660s as far as engine builds go, but I am a Barker dealer as well, so anything Barker makes, I can get for you also.

·
Registered
511 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
Just so all you guys know, I primarily deal in the 660s as far as engine builds go, but I am a Barker dealer as well, so anything Barker makes, I can get for you also.
\

Group buy PRICE? duals 700r?

Capt.

·
Registered
204 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
No you cant order stright from barker. He only sales to his selected vedors listed on his sight. I have talked to him about the some problems gesick and rocketfactory were having on sales and priceing of these cranks. All he could tell me about the price differences is that rocket factory buys new cranks and sends them to barker for the mods and gesick uses your core (or other used cores) and sends them into barker. Barker does the same work for both of them, and they are both authroized dealers of barker. Just used crank vs. new crank. Maybe rocket factory can comment on this and their theory on why they choose new more expensive cranks vs. saveing a few bucks.
This is somewhat ture. We actually have a few different options (depending on the situation) we offer for the 700 cranks to help reduce cost even more on the +4mm cranks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Geisick said:
integlikewhoa said:
This is somewhat ture. We actually have a few different options (depending on the situation) we offer for the 700 cranks to help reduce cost even more on the +4mm cranks.
can you pm me a price with a new crank vs used and rebuilt?
thanks

Capt.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Barker build the cranks for us at Rocket Factory. We have tried to set a consistant price for the 4mm cranks. We are currently lowering our price to 950.00 with out a core.............or 650.00 with a core.

Maybe this will clear up any confusion.

The cores were not available before so the prices were higher. We still need cores to be able to keep them in stock.

Thanks
Jason LaPoint
Rocket Factory

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Jason, is the $650 crank balanced ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts