Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally decided to take my spark arrestor or silencer deal out.. i like the way it sounds, tell ya the truth. I dont know if there was an increase in performance but sound wise it is alot louder. I did however cuss for about an hour or so before i got it out cause it was so difficult to do.. I ended up goin over and teaming up with evlls1 to help me and really the problem was that my vise grips werent big enough. I let it run for about 2 min and clamped on there and one good tug and there she went. Still want to get the big 3 soon but that will do for now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
i noticed some down low grunt more with it removed. also i see people who cut off half of it and bolt it back in.
but be warned i see posts here saying youll have it go way lean on a stock 700 with out a fuel controller.i dont know if its safe or not to run it hard with it out.nor without a air box lid like others do.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Unless you run a fuel controller or have your CDI reflashed then you are going to run lean. A little search on here will reveal a plethora of information about most if not all discussions that come up about these bikes.

Craig,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts