·
Registered
239 Posts
and im sure your street love you for it ha ha all in good fun though

Ben

·
Registered
963 Posts
I really cant see doing something like that with no lid on.

·
Registered
815 Posts
man do you all wear your helmets THAT MUCH..... i mean i know i am from the country.... but I hardly ever wear my helmet.... i mean i only put on my helmet if i am at a state park or something like when you have to be wearing it..
I know its safer to wear a helmet.... but it sounds like some of you dont EVER get on your bikes without a helmet on.... i am like 99% no helmet and 1% helmet....

I know that shit can happen at an unexpected time.... but i dont know.... i mean i know i should wear it way more than i do, but i dont think its necessary to put it on everytime you get on it...

just my opinion...

Plattner

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have never ridden a bike without a helmet or my other gear, boots, gloves ect i have owned bikes for about 10 years now and have had my fair share of stacks and know its worth wearing it

Ben

·
Registered
95 Posts
:mad:

All it takes is one spill or a split second and you just graduated from eating meals with your own hands to get forcefeed through a straw! I live in the Mojave Desert in California and its HOT 8) but I still wear my always wear my helmet!

I work for LA County fire(helicopter medivac, fire, and rescue :help:) and our medics pic up more people from motorcross spills then you could imagine. The ones who live 95% of the time always have their helmet on. The ones who end up dead or brain dead = no helmet!!!!!

FACT= The force of a 30 mph crash(moving to a full stop) is the equivalent of jumping from a 3 story building and trying to catch yourself with your hands.

<----I'm getting off my soap box now!!!

I don't know any of you on here personally but I do know that I don't want anyone here ending up a veggie.

Take care, ride safe and wear your helmet!.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I had an accident that the helmet saved my life. I wear it every time I ride , weather be on street bike or on quad.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I totally agree that a helmet should be worn. I have seen a head in 5 pieces in a snowmobile wreck. I demand my son wear one at all times but I also believe that an adult should be able to choose whether he or she wears a helmet….Not hurting anyone else. He is willing to accept the risk and consequences, let ‘em. I will continue wear mine and force my loved ones to wear theirs….. everyone else can flirt with natural selection.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I've been riding quads, mx bikes, and street bikes since around 1985 or so..I look back at some of the nasty spills I've taken over the years and more than once my helmet met the ground...I hate to think what would have happened in one of those instances if I had not been wearing one of my trusty Shoei's... :confused: :confused:

Not trying to sell helmets or preach, just passing along some info......8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Theres a difference between puttin up and down the street going no faster than 25 mph and blairin down the road going 50-60.... if i am puttin round my street no big deal, i dont wear a helmet, but if i am riding in the woods, of course i am. i dont really want to be zippin through the woods and have a tree branch hit me in the head or fall off or crack my dome. Im a Paramedic/Firefighter up in northeast ohio, i've scene my fair share of accidents i know the difference between being smart and stupid. And if people dont wanna wear them thats their own fault.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
if i jump on mine for a random ride right around the house for 10 min, then i usually don't put it on, but if i go for a real ride, then i do, also when i lived in so cal i would have to go all the way to the dunes so when i went for a ride i had 2, but when it's right in my yard and i don't have it on, i putz around, i will do the ocasional wheelie,but i still stay chill untill i get my helmet on... shitty part is, the 10 min that i don't have it on will be the 10 min i do get hurt, like that spill i took not to long ago, i went out with a buddy, and i wasn't going to put it on, but i did last minute, and i did a hill climb and fell 10 feet down onto my back and head, and i felt my head hit the ground so hard i know i woulda been in trouble, and i'm glad i had it on, i think i may need a new helmet now.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
plattner said:
man do you all wear your helmets THAT MUCH..... i mean i know i am from the country.... but I hardly ever wear my helmet.... i mean i only put on my helmet if i am at a state park or something like when you have to be wearing it..
I know its safer to wear a helmet.... but it sounds like some of you dont EVER get on your bikes without a helmet on.... i am like 99% no helmet and 1% helmet....

I know that shit can happen at an unexpected time.... but i dont know.... i mean i know i should wear it way more than i do, but i dont think its necessary to put it on everytime you get on it...

just my opinion...

Plattner
all it takes is one simple little accident. Most accidents are out of everone's hands.....meaning you can't control everything that happens when you are riding.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didn't wear. Then my boys started riding with me and I couldn't very well enforce the helmet rule with them if I didn't have mine on.

Few months back I took a nasty spill on my brand new rappy when it come over on me climbing a nasty hill and the bumper hit me HARD right on top of my helmet. Probably saved my life or at the very least some serious injury/stitches. I wouldn't have been laughing about it 5 minutes later for sure.

To each his own, but I always wear mine now.

Later,
Matt

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I wear mine every time I am on a quad, except for loading and unloading. I came from BMX and mountain biking and had my fair share of crashes on them. On a quad I am going way faster so I can only imaging what will happen now. After any good wreck you should consider replacing your helmet for the protective insert has already asorb the impact and it wont have the same amount of protection the next time.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Newpher said:
Theres a difference between puttin up and down the street going no faster than 25 mph and blairin down the road going 50-60.... if i am puttin round my street no big deal, i dont wear a helmet, but if i am riding in the woods, of course i am. i dont really want to be zippin through the woods and have a tree branch hit me in the head or fall off or crack my dome. Im a Paramedic/Firefighter up in northeast ohio, i've scene my fair share of accidents i know the difference between being smart and stupid. And if people dont wanna wear them thats their own fault.
Sounds like the Excuse of a 14 year old kid! Your riding fricken wheelie's!!!! Thats hardly putting around. As a Paramedic you would think you have seen enough to realize the dangers of what you are doing. If you know the difference between being smart and being stupid you sure dont show it! GET A CLUE NEWBIE!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I always wear a helmet, I had a truck decide to make a lane change next to me on the freeway, launched me off my street bike doing 65 :eek: got a lot road rash and bleeding on brain. That helmet saved my life.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts