Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cel light just came on this week after 8 or so hours of riding with the speed sensor unpluged and my stock baffle removed. i know its most likely to be the speed signal that triped it...but, is there a way to make sure the code is the speed signal? where can a scan tool be bought?what type of scan tool is used? going to the dealer evry time i see the light come on will not be good.if i plug it back in and ride for a bit when will the light go off?if that is the problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Plug the speed sensor harness back in, ride for up to a couple of minutes. Mine took longer than others to reset, about a minute of riding, getting to second gear.
If the check engine light goes out, yer good! However be responsible and check the easy stuff and shut down if you hear any abnormal noises. I'm not aware of the engine codes. Can't help you there.

DJ

·
Registered
689 Posts
What # code is it giving you, If you don't know how to tell its going to have long slow blinks and faster blinks. The first slow ones are going to tell you the first # and the faster one are going to tell you the second #. For exp. if it gives you two long slow blinks with four faster ones then that would be 24. If you tell me the # I can tell you what it is.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
700rider said:
What # code is it giving you, If you don't know how to tell its going to have long slow blinks and faster blinks. The first slow ones are going to tell you the first # and the faster one are going to tell you the second #. For exp. if it gives you two long slow blinks with four faster ones then that would be 24. If you tell me the # I can tell you what it is.
where is this "flashing" at?

Reactions: Hossam El tawel

·
Registered
689 Posts
That would be on the dash, its the picture of the little orenge engine light that will give your the flashes.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
when it comes on due to the speed sensor there is NO flashing. Its just stays on. So I guess thats code #1....hahaha :lol:......just kiddin.
as soon as you plug it back in and role forward a little ways in first gear it goes back out.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i assume he means key on engine off then it flashes. when its running it just stays on. ill go out and check the flashes.brb thank you..

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
42.... 4 flashes when key is on then a pause then 2 fast flashes. so 42 is the number. can we have a full code break down????? to make a sticky of it for everyone to know what code is which to avoid new threads all the time????
this is just like my old 95 supra obd1 cpu. you had to use a paperclip and count light flashes.saves money on dealer pulling codes for you. and buying a scan tool.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i downloaded the service manualin the maintience section and cant find the code break down.point me in the right direction please...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Haha i remeber checkin those damn lights on my 94 supra fun times with that paper clip. Anyways just plug the sensor in and drive it around the block if it doesnt turn off then you got problems but im guessin it will turn off

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
found it. chaptor 6-9 efi system. faulty speed sensor open circuit is my code. that was easy. this is usefull info on diagnostics o nthe 700r. thanks for all the input and hope this helps out others during there searches in the future. 8)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep, starts on PG. 248 for future reference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.