Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. I have a 19 Raptor 700 with probably 8hrs. I read a topic where the best beak-in steps are ride it as you will always ride. there has been several times where I ride wide open and some times I ride trails on a slow pace. well today I got stock on a deep hole with water and the bike shut off. I turn it back on and continue riding as normal, but the second time I turn it on when pressing the ignition starter the check engine light illuminates solid, but only when pressing the start button, after the bike is on it never appears back again. what could that be? Also I went to the street an got it to 5th gear and when lowering the gears down it backfired twice. bike is 100% stock. very weird.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Depending on how deep that water was, I would check your electrical connectors and make sure they are dry. If the water was over the engine, check your oil and make sure no water is in there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not too deep, a little lower than the oil filter cap. It shut off probably because I was on 3rd and didn't hit the clutch on time, but that´s a good one, I will check some electrical connections tomorrow. I was reading other post a few minutes ago and saw that the same light comes on to others but they don´t bother. I do because that was not happening before today´s ride :(.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you manage to figure out what was the issue? I have recently purchased a raptor 700R and it does the same. When I press the ignition button check engine light illuminates. After it fires up light is off. Also getting backfire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts