Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Idle Gear and One-Way in yesterday, left work early to install, Fired that bad boy right up. Second time i have got to ride it since bought (used). Was excited, hauled ass to the woods cruisin' down some trails..pretty quick. Next thing i know i was sideways, struggling to straighten it up, but did........looked to my left real quick and my left rear tire hauled ass passed me, shot over the freaking mountain side. Turned it off and was listening to it roll down the mountain for what seemed like forever. I started cracking up.....Eventually found the tire, 1st geared it all the way home.....lovin it. CHECK THE SIMPLE THINGS...ROUTINE MAINTENANCE.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Same thing happened to me at Silver Lake last year :lol: I crested test hill revved it to throw a roost going over the hill and my tire went shooting past 3/4 the way up the next dune and then flopped on its side. I didn't put a cotterkey in the hub nut:eek: Now i do it every time.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Destroyed my P-brake and paint of my swinger when my rear caliper came off because of loose bolts.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
ESPECIALLY on a bike you've just bought... previous owners tend to leave maintenance to the next owner. If you don't go over a used purchase with a fine toothed comb, you're just asking for trouble that that SOB left behind.

·
Registered
521 Posts
ESPECIALLY on a bike you've just bought... previous owners tend to leave maintenance to the next owner. If you don't go over a used purchase with a fine toothed comb, you're just asking for trouble that that SOB left behind.
im an example of this.. bought a used '02.. next day it needed oil, smoked like a forest fire.. $1800 in a rebuild later im still working out the bugs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.