Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a couple of months of cold left until tolerable riding conditions return, I figured now might be a good time to offer a 719 kit for the do-it-yourselfer. I'm thinking about offering 6 kits and wanted to check interest to see if I could move them. I don't want to be sitting on 6 719 kits and not be able to sell them. Vito's sells their 719 kit for 849 and it comes with the ticking time bomb JE piston. I can beat that price while offering a more complete kit and more reliable parts. So here are the details

4mil crank/rod (Barker)
11:1 102mm Wiseco piston(more reliable piston than the JE)
HC stroker cam
HC valve spring kit
102mm gasket set with valve stem seals (no valve seals in vito's kit)
right side case main crank bearing (no bearing in vitos kit)

Price would be 836 for all of this plus you would know where to go to ask install questions....something you can't get at vito's but the only way I can compete with the vito price is if I buy the pieces needed to make a full kit in bulk and I can't afford to have 5Gs worth of unsellable parts sitting in the shop.

Any interest? If interested, when would you be looking to purchase?

Thanks,
CSR

·
Registered
350 Posts
Already have been in contact with you. This is my next step after suspension.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is a good price on this kit, but unfortunately a couple things i don't need like the spring kit i already have, but i would need some ferrea valves most likely instead, and the size piston, i'm not sure if i wanted to jump to 102mm, tho i could change my mind. Other than that, if it was customizable, i'd get one right now! lol... What kind of gasket set comes with it, oem, or aftermarket like cometic? And is the price with shipping included?

ANd by the way, you advice and knowledge about install is worth it's weight in gold to those of us who don't do this on a daily basis!
And you might wanna throw in a smoking deal on some head porting as an option with this kit also! :) I'm sure alot of people would take advantage of that. hint hint

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, you make good points. The package deals would have had 2 advantages 1. they would be in-stock so there wouldn't be a wait on parts 2. if I bought in bulk I could get better prices and pass that savings along. I didn't put together the package kits because everyone seems to want something a little different. If someone wants a different cam than the package kit comes with, that takes out numbers 1 and 2 so I just didn't do it. There didn't seem to be much of a demand signal for package kits after all, but I did get a half-dozen of the 4mil stroker cranks which is what the majority of people seem to care most about in the kits anyways, so those are in stock now where as they used to be a long lead time part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts