Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this might seem like a really dumb question but o well. when the bike sits, say over night. When you go to check the oil the next day(like i did), because i just did a oil change. So i let it sit and the next day it read about right half on the dip stick. also i did not start the bike before checking. is this right or no.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
yes, it should be right. You arent supposed to screw in the dipstick though.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o ok, thanks

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
thats what we are all here for... info.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I hate checking the oil on it. Sometimes I don't think is has enough and put more, then it warms up and has too much and have to adjust on the trail by dumping it on its side a bit. could someone repeat the exact way to check it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The manual says to warm it up to 141 degrees, rev it a few times and then wait a few minutes to let it settle and like deception said not screw the dipstick in. I am like you though I get a different reading every time. We have had this discussion in another topic if you want to check it outhttp://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=5268.0

·
Registered
343 Posts
i warm mine up and let it idle for a minute then while it's still idling i pull the dip stick and check it. haven't had it puke oil since i started checking it this way. i figure if it is idling and warm and the stick shows in the area of full. i'm good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts