Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I knew it wasnt gonna be long, but 1 bump w\ another Quad and the top Bumper mounts completly collapsed....im probably just gonna get some u-bolts and drill 2 more holes in the bumper and mount it straight to the frame....any of u guys done anything else 2 beef up the front end alittle more?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
i did a thread on this a while back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
TEXAS700 said:
i did a thread on this a while back.
Thats a great setup! Where did you get those mounts?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
Better the mounts bend then the frame
hahaha! Great point!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well mine are flat crushed....can bending them back work alright for alittle while?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
watch the weld the paint will probably flake but this will let you look for cracks. They are going to be weeker after you bend them back. Just check them out really well after you bend them back you might need to get a touch up weld. I would rather do through this then doing frame damage though

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
If you can find them on Rocky Mountain ATV's web site look there but i seen them in the catalog. They are hand guard brackets and i seen that they sell them separate in there but i had to buy the whole kit where i bought mine. It is the same bolt size as the bumper bolts. I just did not want to weld on my bike. I have had problems before on other vehicles screwing with the computer.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
RaptorRacer45 said:

Is that what your talkin about?
That looks like them except those are for Fat Bars I think?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
those are it. fits perfect around the frame.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
Even if the mounts are not the weak point it is still going to be an aluminum bumper against a steel frame. The bumper will becomes the weak point

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
mlove6 said:
sikraptor700 said:
Even if the mounts are not the weak point it is still going to be an aluminum bumper against a steel frame. The bumper will becomes the weak point
I think the frame is gonna take alot more of the brunt force with those rather than the stock mounts. I believe its a clean fix but... there will be little to no flex and it will travel right thru to the frame

·
Registered
892 Posts
Cool. Resurrected an ancient thread. Did Yamaha fix this issue with the '09?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.