Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never mind a buddy told my that yosh made a cherry bomb for the raptor but its not on there site so im guessing they dont!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Cherry bomb for 700??????????

·
Registered
226 Posts
i woudln't recommend it. I'd rather save that little money and get a basic EFI. It does help, but you would hardly feel a difference if at all.....
My buddy w/ ltr 450 had one on...didn't like it, took it back the next day.

·
Registered
226 Posts
^^^ Ha, maybe they aren't even for the 700r. But if they do make 'em, dont buy :burnout:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Th cherry bomb works because it activates a secondary ignition curve. Our 700's dont have that....nor do I think they make a "cherry bomb" for the 700...thats a suzuki/yoshi deal.

We 700 people use the doebeck type fuel controller or the PCIII unit by dyno jet

·
Registered
572 Posts
i wish we had it. my cousins 450 quadracer is a beast with that 30$ plug in. all he did was remove the baffle and open the air box lid and it is a beast now. it sure woke his slow ass bike up to beat me now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
supraman23 said:
i wish we had it. my cousins 450 quadracer is a beast with that 30$ plug in. all he did was remove the baffle and open the air box lid and it is a beast now. it sure woke his slow ass bike up to beat me now.
Buy a PCIII and a Full Exhaust, and take the lid off and drag that junk LTR450 all over, my buddy has one with the "cherry Bomb" ,yosh pipe and no lid and he only wishes he was as fast as i was when i was stock

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yosh does not make a cherry bomb for the 700. They do however make a FIMAK fuel controller for it. Maybe that's what your buddy was thinking about.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
OK, THE
EMS PIM (Peripheral Interface Module)
The PIM is a piggyback unit that plugs into the stock wiring harness and provides optional mapping for those looking to optimize power. Pre-programmed with 2 fuel maps, these maps provide increased power delivery for the different performance exhaust system configurations, one for use with a spark arrestor and the other for full open race exhausts. The PIM only takes minutes to install and for the price, its a crucial investment to stay ahead of the competition.

ok, so what this is saying to me is that it's a controller with only 2 settings and we would be way better off with a PCIII and have unlimited maps, and even a dobeck/trinity etc controller would even be better than this, ...am i correct? , it doesn't seem like something you'd want to add if you have a efi controller already, maybe more for people that wanna go full YOSh and get this controller/ their pipe and an intake,.?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The difference is NICK is it adjusts the ignition timing. PCIII just adds fuel to the existing stock curve.
the PCIII will be far superior when they release the add on ignition module

·
Registered
226 Posts
135boom said:
The difference is NICK is it adjusts the ignition timing. PCIII just adds fuel to the existing stock curve.
Whats the ignition module supposed to do? Any HP/Torque gains? ... :unsure:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
should give some really good performance....I dont know how much...just heard rumors that it makes a big difference!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
135boom said:

sweet, another mod i need to add to the "future's" list....i'm going to buy a lotto ticket 2night...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
NICK said:
135boom said:

sweet, another mod i need to add to the "future's" list....i'm going to buy a lotto ticket 2night...

I hear ya....haha! I bet they wont be giving it away!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts