Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've been wondering that myself...some say that you have more mobility with the under the shirt ones and the regular one limit mobility.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what i heard to. i was just wondering cause im thinking of buying one. im just looking for opinions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just ordered this one myself:

It seems to cover more than most of em I've seen and has a hinge on the back so it shouldn't restrict movement too much. I cracked a few vertebrae Dec 3rd, so I'll be wearing one from now on. They don't claim to prevent injuries in a wreck but I think it would have helped in my case...lol.

·
Registered
238 Posts
webb429 said:
i've had 5 broken ribs and a broken sturnom. i was wearing a chest protector. oh well
Do you think it helped any at all? It obviously didn't prevent all that but do you think it would have been worse without it?

In my case, a kidney belt would have helped. I just fell hard on a sharp rock...lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
As with a bad accident and a helmet it isn't going to eliminate everything but it sure as hell helps. If you say both of you were going around 40 then that is about an 80mph head on collision. I think 5 broken ribs is pretty good given the situation. It may have helped or not but I am guessing anyone of us would rather be wondering if it did help rather then if it may have helped. I have only wrecked but a few times and the chest protector has helped or at least I haven't broken a rib or collapsed a lung so I am guessing it did. I personally use the outer one because it gives me a better sense of security.

·
Registered
285 Posts
onehotbird2002 said:
If you say both of you were going around 40 then that is about an 80mph head on collision.
I'm assuming they were going in the same direction, so it wasn't head-on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
its not really a chest protector to protect from a crash, it help but my no means it will still hurt.

its a roost deflector so your not getting pelted in the chest with rocks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I went over the bars on a rocky downhill, then got run over and drug downt he hill by the quad. My shift chest protector had some pretty knarly looking gouges and scrathes in it that would have been in my chest and back, so Im pretty happy that i wear one at all times.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im wearing the 06 pressure suit (body armor) from 661. I love it. It has sternum, shoulder, shoulder blade, spine, kidney belt, forearm, elbow and bicep protection all built into one suit. I wear this under my jersey and it moves with me just fine. Not to mention I feel a little better about the "what if" situations trail riding.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought an under shirt, and I love the mobilty and comfort of it. I fliped mine down a hill and it landed on my back and ended up brusing 4 ribs. They say that if I had one on I may not have brusied any at all, but who knows.

Just my 2cent

·
Registered
215 Posts
twistedwedge said:
Im wearing the 06 pressure suit (body armor) from 661. I love it. It has sternum, shoulder, shoulder blade, spine, kidney belt, forearm, elbow and bicep protection all built into one suit. I wear this under my jersey and it moves with me just fine. Not to mention I feel a little better about the "what if" situations trail riding.
Is that the more expensive one you have? I was looking at that one and the cheaper one. Didnt know if the pirce difference was warranted.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
For real chest and back protection and not just a roost protector. I like the sixsixone pressure suit. It gets kind of warm in the summer so I switch to an external protetctor. I like the Thor "Force" and elbow guards.

I ride in the woods mostly so being skewerd by tree limbs is a concern.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have a thor force (one of the xl ones) it was nice till i lost over 60lbs in the last just over a year now it is to big hehe
time for a new one i guess
when it fit good it dint limit my movement at all

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have the Thor roost protector but it wouldnt help at all if I smacked the bars. I love it for roost protection though and at $40 you cant go wrong.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts