Raptor Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
twistedwedge said:
Im wearing the 06 pressure suit (body armor) from 661. I love it. It has sternum, shoulder, shoulder blade, spine, kidney belt, forearm, elbow and bicep protection all built into one suit. I wear this under my jersey and it moves with me just fine. Not to mention I feel a little better about the "what if" situations trail riding.
How is 661 's quality?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
kreed said:
I just ordered this one myself:

It seems to cover more than most of em I've seen and has a hinge on the back so it shouldn't restrict movement too much. I cracked a few vertebrae Dec 3rd, so I'll be wearing one from now on. They don't claim to prevent injuries in a wreck but I think it would have helped in my case...lol.
I have the same one as pictured above..I use it when trail riding and use an under the jersey AXO model for MX...The AXO looks somewhat like a baseball catchers chest protector, it does not have the armor my Fox does..I choose the AXO just to stop roost, where as the Fox for trail riding is in case I bounce off a tree or something..With that being said when I'm on an MX bike I always wear as much protection as possible, I tend to crash more on a bike.. :eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
How is 661 's quality?
Excellent. Ive washed it several times, its been cycled wet/dry from riding through various terrain, branches have hit my sleeves and its held up fine there as well. One of the things I was worried about is the mesh holding the protective material in place-its done fine. If youre considering purchase I would highly recommend you call and talk to whom ever youre going to order from. I ordered mine from beyondbikes.com.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Just got a 10 % off coupon code for motorcyclesuperstore and Couldn't help it, and had to buy the Thor Se impact RIG pressure suit / chest protector.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
EVS makes some pretty cool Ballistic Jerseys kinda like the 661, they have protectors for the chest, elbows, back, shoulders and incorporated kidney belt. I have a fox chest protector and the Ballistic Jersey, I use the Fox one for MX or enduro racing and the Ballistic for weekend trail riding. Remember that there is a big difference between a roost protector (flak jacket) and a chest protector when it comes to protecting from a crash. The roost protector is only to protect from rocks thrown by the other bikes, not from falls.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=103&productId=p3406495&leafCatId=10301&mmyId=

21 - 25 of 25 Posts