Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 660 carbs are full of old fuel.
Currently removed, disassembled, and soaking in carb cleaner...
I see Ebay sellers are selling an aftermarket pair of brand new carbs, for about $50.
Seems too good to be true!
Has anyone tried them out?
Did they ship with stock jetting?
How do they compare to the oem Mikuni's ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have never put China carbs on a 660 but have put them on many other motorcycles and atv's. Little things are usually different here and there like hose sizes and bracket mounts but I have had great results from almost everyone I've put on. Sometimes they will have a little hiccup here or there but for the price well worth it. I've found old beat up stock carbs rebuilt aren't any better and a lot of times worse. Lots of people bad mouth them but I always wonder how many of them have ever actually put one on or just didn't have the know how to make them work well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are way to many posts on this site where people buy these carbs and can never get the motor to run right. Stick with the OEM carbs and make sure they are good and clean. When I bought my 660, the carbs sat for a few years with old gas in them. The pilot jets were plugged. I gave everything a good cleaning and replaced the rubber parts. Put it together, set the fuel level and it runs great.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have worked on alot of streetbikes and atvs over many years, including carburetors, and I know how to jet and tune them.
I have seen one of about 8 china carbs work correctly, and I will not even touch them anymore.
Spend the money insteae on a rebuild kit(for rubber parts only), and get a DynoJet jet kit(only way to get their needles), start in 3rd or 4th groove.
Get 2 #25 pilots, search and do the 3mm Clear tube method(to set float heigth).
Start with Both fuel screws at 2 turns counter clockwise, adjust both the Same.
Get rid of the air box lid.
Reuse both slide springs(new ones in kit are stronger and slow slide opening rate).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts