Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plunger is siezed into my carb and my choke doesn't work anymore. It is stuck in the closed position (about 1/2 inch airflow). My question is, has anybody successfully bypassed the choke on their stock carb?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anybody else is interested it was successful, I Drilled the old plunger out and got a brass air compressor fitting from the hardware store that screwed into the side of the carb. My initial thought was it was running too lean, probably cause it's been stuck shut for years but after running it for an hour and checking the new spark plug afterward I would say it solved one more puzzle to the carb until I go with a 39. :)

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
It is an ENRICHMENT valve - if closed, carb gets normal amount of fuel... if open, carb gets extra fuel.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Let us know how it starts when the engine is cold...............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know how it starts when the engine is cold...............
I would guess it was 45 degrees in the garage and it just started as soon as I touched the button. I'm sure as soon I get to the trail on saturday its gonna poop out though :D

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
Without the plunger in there, the choke is on full and you're running rich... and/or are you allowing air to come in thru that air fitting kluge?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts