Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Here is the story....for the last few rides I was wondering why my rappy would just cut off and die everytime I would pull my clutch in and come to a slow roll, it would cut off. Well, I found the problem out, it was b/c my new pro taper bars were too high, it tightened up all my cables, including the choke cable. So, everytime I would turn to the left, sharp, she would cut off, cuz the choke was opening or closing, whatever it does to enable the choke, it was happening. So, I decided to disconnect the damn thing, I never used it anywany, I dont even want it. My question, Is there anyway to bypass this thing?? What accidently did, is I snipped the cable with wire cutters and pulled the guts of the choke out of the carb space behind that plastic nut. Is it possible....to put that plastic nut on, then that rubber gromit thing and that little elbow shaped pipe and clog the end of that pipe with say......soder gun and soder??? I dont want this choke...If I have to have it whats the best way to fix this??? Right now my quad is sitting on my patio apart cuz Im replacing the dash and bars and my choke is not installed at all...what should I do?? Thanks guys!!! MUCHO GRACIAS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
actually, I didnt accidently snip the damn thing with wire cutters....i got pissed cuz i couldnt get the wire off so I snipped it and pulled...LOL!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not smart. Not you will not be able to run. You need it to be in there. The spring keeps it CLOSED. When its open its dumping fuel into the motor thats not needed for normal running. Put it back together without the cable and see if it still runs. Make sure you put ALL the pieces back it. The plunger, spring and so on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks wickmster! one more question...as i examined the little pieces that came out...there is one lil thing tht has a brass look pin comin out of the top of it...the piece where the cable and the end of the choke cable goes in to it. Well that brass pin looks like it goes in a lil hole all the way at the end of that lil tunnel way behind that plastic nut...how in the world do you get tht brass pin back in that hole at the end...you know where the guts of the choke are....thanks man!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
It all slides together. Make sure you use the spring that you also took out. That brass "pin" is called a plunger. It has to be in there. It actually opens up to allow fuel in for the cold start up, aka choke. It all fits nice and easy. Grease everything up also. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts