Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I’m new to this forum hoping I can get some quick feed back and opinions.

So I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2021 raptor 700
question 1
Lol does anyone know where I can get the best deal on one of these right now I’m in the LA SOCAL area and I wouldn’t mind a drive tbh. Everyone is marking them up crazy lol

Question 2
so I’m in between the base model and honestly because of the color I love the grey color livery they have
Or the 700r which is the blue one witch personally don’t really like to much but I’m considering this one because obviously the better suspension

So my question is there a huge drastic change in suspension and feel etc. from the base to the R I know it has more adjustability etc. but honestly if I get the r I won’t even think I’ll move it I’ll just leave it how it comes out the box.
I mean I’m not gonna track
If anything just ride once or twice a month if I’m lucky and just regular trails and maybe a jump here and there but nothing serious
Keep in mind I only weight like 140-150ish

Previous machine was a yfz450 first gen
The carburetor one

Hope I can get some feed back

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Buy what you can find, there are no deals to be had because of low supply and high demand.
As for the shocks, the remote resivoir are worth getting, and have the dealer set them for you, race or not, they make a big difference.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Buy the SE, when you go to resell it is what everyone wants. You are lucky you live in the only place on the west coast you can get a new one. But you are going to PAY big time for the privilege. Wheels in motion has them, but pay no attention to the price they print in the add, it is thousands less than what you are going to pay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy what you can find, there are no deals to be had because of low supply and high demand.
As for the shocks, the remote resivoir are worth getting, and have the dealer set them for you, race or not, they make a big difference.
So I found one spot
Well actually here where I live I’ve found them all

There is one specific location that has over 50 of them in stock all trims colors

So I have the option to choose from any

But the se model is way more up there since there is really no deals

I wish we can be getting these things at msrp man
They are crazy lol

so I should just might as well get the 700r with the better suspension then

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buy the SE, when you go to resell it is what everyone wants. You are lucky you live in the only place on the west coast you can get a new one. But you are going to PAY big time for the privilege. Wheels in motion has them, but pay no attention to the price they print in the add, it is thousands less than what you are going to pay.
Idk if I’m willing to pay the extra money for the se model I do have the option to choose from all colors and trims but idk if I’ll pull the trigger for the se

And yeah totally get you all the websites say 8499 lol then you call and they are like oh that’s base model price after mark up etc. your looking at 12k plus taxes license and fees lol like god dammm.!!!!!

What happen hahahah and that’s the base model lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
If you don't want to pay for the SE then at least buy the R. I know when I'm looking to buy I don't even look at the base ones. I'm not a fan of the all blue but you could always add a set of white front or rear fenders to break it up and make it look better. A SE at resell will bring the most $$$. Thats a pretty important part to me, but I keep all my toys in pristine condition and want to get paid for that care when I sell them. The yellow/black is by far the best looking but I might be a little bias...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't want to pay for the SE then at least buy the R. I know when I'm looking to buy I don't even look at the base ones. I'm not a fan of the all blue but you could always add a set of white front or rear fenders to break it up and make it look better. A SE at resell will bring the most $$$. Thats a pretty important part to me, but I keep all my toys in pristine condition and want to get paid for that care when I sell them. The yellow/black is by far the best looking but I might be a little bias...

View attachment 142062
Thanks for all the feedback guys

I think I’m convinced on maybe pulling the trigger on a 700r the blue one witch I honestly kinda don’t like
But it doesn’t matter that much is not a big deal

I only lime the base model color Lol

Hey guys quick question
How much does it roughly cost to make it as wide as a yfz450

That’s honestly my concern coming from a 450 would it be too tippy
I’ve driven a 700 before and the shocks are a lot softer than the 450 from what I can remember
This was maybe 4 years ago or so or maybe 5

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could always buy the base and add front shocks. I hate buying new and not getting what I want.
How much would I spend on shocks tho ?

roughly some equivalent to stock or a bit better

Or even stock ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys so I purchased. 2021 raptor 700r
The blue one

I went out yesterday and gave her a nice rip
And the machine felt amazing

Felt good to be back riding

Only thing I dislike is that you cannot hear the thing

It needs an exhaust asap

·
Registered
29 Posts
You guys so I purchased. 2021 raptor 700r
The blue one

I went out yesterday and gave her a nice rip
And the machine felt amazing

Felt good to be back riding

Only thing I dislike is that you cannot hear the thing

It needs an exhaust asap

Nice! Do you mind passing on the info of the dealership? I'd like to checkout the prices. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice! Do you mind passing on the info of the dealership? I'd like to checkout the prices. Thanks.
Yeah sure

They are basically the only dealer that has them in stock all colors and all trims

Is called Moto united
They are located in LA HABRA CA

Great service
Great dude that helped me out ask for
Raphael Eggers
Super cool dude
And he doesn’t blow up your phone like other dealers where you almost start to feel obligated to purchase the atv lol

Bert’s mega mall was horrible with the tHey where blowing up my phone like no tomorrow
And they didn’t even have one in stock

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah sure

They are basically the only dealer that has them in stock all colors and all trims

Is called Moto united
They are located in LA HABRA CA

Great service
Great dude that helped me out ask for
Raphael Eggers
Super cool dude
And he doesn’t blow up your phone like other dealers where you almost start to feel obligated to purchase the atv lol

Bert’s mega mall was horrible with the tHey where blowing up my phone like no tomorrow
And they didn’t even have one in stock

Thanks allot!

·
Registered
87 Posts
no dealers have one out here in central pa if I was on the market right now it would be a matter of buying what was available not what I wanted

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no dealers have one out here in central pa if I was on the market right now it would be a matter of buying what was available not what I wanted
Same here they are super limited on all dealers

That dealer where I got mine they had over 40 of them in stock witch was pretty cool to see

All colors and Trims and honestly the best pricing in the SoCal area

Everyone else want a crazy 2k mark up or so.

You guys any one here in California

If so how are guys doing it to add a exhaust and tuner. ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts