Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if i should spend the extra money and get the good stuff and if i do which ones.

the magnum billet have "All Balls" tie rod ends

or should i stick with stock any suggestions would help.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
You can spend a lot of money on rods and more specifically ends. But what it boils down to is finding a compromise between strength and purpose. If you get them too strong, than the larger, more expensive parts of your suspension are going to be the parts that fail and break instead of the much cheaper tie rods.

Personally I'm a fan of Ricky stator's products, but I'm currently running the ones that came with my asr a-arms. I don't have any experience with "magnum billet" rods, but all balls is a good company with good products.

OEM are weak, and if you don't choose to upgrade I suggest taping an extra to the bike somewhere before a long trail ride.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
holy crap..... 199 for ricky stator tie rods....... hhmmmm...... i dunno i can buy a dozen stockr's for that much.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
MPTonyT said:
holy crap..... 199 for ricky stator tie rods....... hhmmmm...... i dunno i can buy a dozen stockr's for that much.
I don't think so, new oem rods and ends will cost you around 180 bucks and that's from an online parts dealer, not your local parts dept.

·
Registered
51 Posts
rideing in Pa. (tight rocky trails) i like stockers, they bend before anything else, there cheap to replace. and i have straightened them on a trail once cause nothing elce broke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts