Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Nice pics man! I been wanting to take a ride up there but I heard that it's dusty as hell!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud. I was waiting for you to chime in. I see you post a lot on this forum. What area of the valley are you in? I'm in Glendale. I love the cinders. My favorite riding spot. Going camping up there next weekend for Labor Day. The weather should be real nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm at 35th and Bethany. I also heard that the cinders beat the hell out of your tires and undercarriage!? I would defiantly like to take a ride up there though. Haven't rode much at all this summer. Just been too hot unless you make the treck up north. Can't wait till it cools down enough for some Glamis trips! Found a pretty cool place to night ride also on 339ave and Indian School. Lots of night drags out there. But when it's still 100 at 10pm! Just not that fun! Lol!

·
Registered
744 Posts
On any given summer day it is one of the best places to ride in Arizona. I prefer the off weekends when I can have the place to ourselves. The altitude is crazy high so carbs have to adjust, but the 700 shows its strengths and pulls up all the hills. Hundred Dollar Hill is the big challenge - paddles recommended. The pumice stone will eat up soft tires but it's worth it :)
It's a crazy visual experience when you are hill climbing a trail that has tall berms you can power drift thru like sand while dodging thru pine trees at 8,000 feet.

Great Pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts