Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my gas tank off and no gas in side but i can see a little bit of dirt
has any one ever cleaned the in side of there gas tank if so what did you use.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would say if you can afford clean out with gas. Im not sure but the fuel tank is all plastic accept fuel cock but i thank from inside out to the line is all plastic and you should be able to wash out with water then a splash of gas and drain it out and let air dry. Compressed air helps if it`s dry and you got a airtank blast out as much dirt as you can before washing it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info i will pull out the petcock. Dint know if i should use water at all because water and fuel do not mix and did not whant to risk it

·
Registered
348 Posts
As long as you let it dry you will be fine with the aqua rinse. You could probably shake out excess and immediatly fill and run and you would never notice what little water was left. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
akawilliam said:
How do I clean the petcock and filter? and would it be a bad idea to get a small fuel filter inline with the fuel line?
First try water, when that doesn't work try gasoline, make sure you run the water in both ways to clean it out, don't try to force the dirt through the filter.

It's not a bad idea to get an inline filter either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts