Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to the trails for the weekend on my 660r and went through some thick mud. I wanted to know what should be done to it after riding like this nothing is wrong with just want to clean it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
A hose usually works well :D After taking off the big chunks hit it up wit some simple green. Let it soak in for a minute then spray off. After that if you've still got some stains then wipe her down with a cotton rag.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
lots and lots of elbow grease.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i use super clean or simple green for the wash, then also spray on some grease grizzly on the front and rear end, and then a magic eraser on the fenders, and a super duty scotch brite pad on the sprokets, etc. and i agree with jsanders....lots of elbow grease

before:

after:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Holy smokes RG You can clean like nobody's business lol! What did ya do with the clothes you were wearin on that ride? Throw'em away LOL!

·
Registered
749 Posts
actually, two of my friends that are brothers that went riding with us that day broke a washing machine even after their clothes were sprayed off lol
surprisingly, i just sprayed off my clothes and all was well after being washed

i also might add that i bought a couple of cans of the maxima sc1 clear coat after reading on this site how much people liked it...WOW it does wonders!! i spray it all over my quad (esp before going on a big ride trailering it somewhere) and it really repels the mud and makes it shine after cleaning

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
i use super clean or simple green for the wash, then also spray on some grease grizzly on the front and rear end, and then a magic eraser on the fenders, and a super duty scotch brite pad on the sprokets, etc. and i agree with jsanders....lots of elbow grease

before:

after:
Where do you live, Ill pay you to wash my quad. Carolina clay is the worst. It bakes on and you cant get it off.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
06RG, well done, well done! That being said, an off topic question quick for you. How do you like those Kendas? I just ordered a set for the front, wondered what your take on them is?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah no kiddin I'll send mine over to ya LOL Hell you could start a little business with results like that. Especially if you lived near a big ridin area. Say hmmm... 25 bucks for a quick detail and more for a full detail. Most people dont even detail there cars themselves. Around here they have full detail carwashes with shampoo for around 100 bucks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
lol thanks guys. i bet the carolina clay is a bitch to clean. maybe try some of the maxima clear coat so it doesn't stick so much? i sprayed it over everything this weekend before our memorial camp trip and it worked well.

cdg -- i really like my klaws. had them on my 660 and have been sticking with them on the front ever since

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Hell i live in pittsburgh.... you can do mine LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to getting them on and trying them out. Thanks for letting me know! And I'll have both my bikes down to you sometime later this week for a good once over with the cleaning supplies too, seeing as how you do such a great job! You're not too busy right? Lol!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Holy smokes RG You can clean like nobody's business lol! What did ya do with the clothes you were wearin on that ride? Throw'em away LOL!
I agree one heck of a detailing job

1 - 14 of 14 Posts