Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright well after goin out yesterday it got really muddy.

is there a certin way u have to clean these? or can u just hose it off and wont hurt anything?

G

·
becareful if you use a pressure washer, the TPS sensor doesnt like water, put some dielectric grease in the plug of the TPS. Its on the right side just under the tank area

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep be careful of the TPS, use some simple green as a detergent. After I'm done I usually wipe it down with 303 to get the shine back. I've heard of alot of guys spraying the bike down with Tire Dressing as well, just don't do the seat. :lol:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have used a pressure washer a couple times.. seemed to be just fine, but i didnt get too carried away around the TPS area..

Cleaners: greased lighting, super clean, simple green

Make it Shiny: Lemon Pledge on plastics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tips, i use to detail cars for a living but just wasnt sure with atvs.

also, whenu get some bigger scuffs or scratches would compund take them out?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I pressure wash mine with hot water then once its dry I spray her down with silicone spray everything except plastics. It works great leaves a shiny film on everything so any dirt, Ect. gets stuck to it not the bike then pressure wash it off and everythings gone. Just another way to do it

·
Registered
120 Posts
i dont use a pressure washer..just good ole bucket of car soap and sponge...i then dry and use plexus( i believe this is the best stuff around) to protect the plastic...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Two words....Simple Green. It works awesome! You dont need a pressure washer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Five words...Simple green power sports cleaner!!!!! This stuff works dreams man. I dont even touch my quad when i wash it, looks new everytime after i use it. All I do is water down all the dirt that is almost caked-on or just rinses off with water, then spray it on let it sit for like 2 minutes and spray it off with the hose, it takes off what I would usually have to scrub or sponge off. The clay that sticks to the tires comes off with just a rinse. I buy it in the biggest size and then pour into a small spray bottle, b/c when i got it in the foaming can i kinda gotta carrierd away and it only lasted for like 2 washes :crazy:. If you wanna try it out, get the small bottle to see if you like it.

http://www.powersportrider.com/CGI-BIN/ZCATJPG?catpub=AT0607C&catpage=885.00

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
RAD700R said:
Five words...Simple green power sports cleaner!!!!! This stuff works dreams man. I dont even touch my quad when i wash it, looks new everytime after i use it. All I do is water down all the dirt that is almost caked-on or just rinses off with water, then spray it on let it sit for like 2 minutes and spray it off with the hose, it takes off what I would usually have to scrub or sponge off. The clay that sticks to the tires comes off with just a rinse. I buy it in the biggest size and then pour into a small spray bottle, b/c when i got it in the foaming can i kinda gotta carrierd away and it only lasted for like 2 washes :crazy:. If you wanna try it out, get the small bottle to see if you like it.

i see you have the white rappy, as do i,... yeah i have a few stains from rust water that was sitting on the plastic, do you think this will get rid of it?. i have tryed scrubbing w/ soap and water for DAYS it seems like, and still there... .. i will give this a whirl...thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RAD700R said:

i never herd of that kind, i alwyas use simple green on my car, so ill have to look for that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
SIC said:
RAD700R said:

i never herd of that kind, i alwyas use simple green on my car, so ill have to look for that :thumbsup:
i went to target and couldn't get that kind, didn't have it, but i bought reg simple green, let it sit for like 5 min and even tryed scrubbing and still can't get the stains out of my tighty ******....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Try 50:50 Bleach and water for the rust stain on white plastics. Or a bleach pen.

·
Registered
779 Posts
If it's a rust type stain, try CLR. It's a cleaner for mineral and rust type stains. That will definately remove the stain, I would just confirm it's safe on plastics first. I'm sure it is as they recommend it for kettles and coffee machines which are partly plastic. If that doesn't work, maybe some plastic renew polish might do....all else fails, STICKERS!! lol

MK

http://www.royaldistributing.com/servlet/MiddleRedirect?page=indexes/index_s_04_A.html

Go to the index and pick cleaners, polishes, plastics renew etc. (not meant to plug other online stores, I just deal with these guys cause they're local, I would buy from the forum supporters first if possible)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i will check it out thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ive also had good results with simple green MAX.

·
Registered
178 Posts
NICK said:
i see you have the white rappy, as do i,... yeah i have a few stains from rust water that was sitting on the plastic, do you think this will get rid of it?. i have tryed scrubbing w/ soap and water for DAYS it seems like, and still there... .. i will give this a whirl...thanks
Try some SoftScrub...(in a test area first). Some places I ride have orange-ish dirt (lotsa iron), and discoloration is quick and long-lasting, if I don't clean it out. SoftScrub has worked for me on white plastic. I thuink it even has some bleach in it as well. Use light scrubbing pressure, and add plenty of water to the sponge/cloth. Let it set for a minute or so, then rinse.

·
Registered
965 Posts
rockinfigs said:
i dont use a pressure washer..just good ole bucket of car soap and sponge...
Same here. Always comes out nice and shiny for me. I use Dawn soap though, just grab it out of the kitchen. It's a degreaser too, so I will take off any stains from oil, chain wax, and grease.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.