Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive got a 727 bigbore kit with a +2 head, barker duals, 5050 cam and 54mm tb. I was the only 4stroke out of the group. I got stuck once and they got it on camera lol it is tough apply the power and keep the front down on a stock swing arm. Makes for a fun ride

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Do you all pay to play at that place or is it private property? I'd like to make a trip out there soon. Is their any steep lips at the top of any of those hills?

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Nice Videos. I havn't tried those Climbs yet. I'm just sticking to the beginner hills lol.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
^ I believe most are tapered well. I hate it when the over hang :eek:
I love when they over hang!

My hill climbing partner had an accident for the first time in 3-4 years, but once he hills up i'd like to meet you guys there if it's not private property going around the gate shady business. lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Theres all different types of hills... It is private property but if you go with a local they know where to park... I havent seen anyone patrolling out there and Ive been down about 5 times. Too many people go there and too many ways to get in lol good times!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep in mind 100hp banshees make most hills look easy but they are huge

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Hills it's a mountain! I heard the cops are trying to keep you from riding there but I havn't had any problems.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've seen many quads climb these coalhills but for these to climbs I suggest paddle tires. A good mud tire will get you up some of the climbs but requires alot of work.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Have you seen havos 7 when Duckman jumps off the top of the hill. That was crazy to see.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The residents complain About all the coaldust thats one of the biggest complaints I know of

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Yeah I heard about that. I think first they shut down the side closest to the town and now I heard someone saying the whole place was going to be off limits. Even the area around it will be closed but their going to put in the park where their going to have trails and you pay to ride their.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
you are already supposed to pay to ride there.....it is Reading Anthracite's property....$125 for a permit for the year.....for over 22,000 acres to ride....that's a cheap permit right there! Yeah, it is easy money for them, but if they were to start patrolling and handing out heavy fines and then ultimately allow no one up there.....that would suck cuz there aren't many other areas to ride around here...

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
RAC only own the hills there, most of their land is around pottsville. The town did a grevance and I think the epa or someone enforced it. Thats what I heard and the story changes every so often so I'm not 100% sure any more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree $125 isnt bad for a permit... The ticket is to go with someone that has the permit lol.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts