Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I burnt my clutch up running 22" tires and would barely shift in 1 and second. When i adjusted it, the clutch started working and will shift in r 1,2, & 3 ,but still will not let it shift in 4 and 5 gear . What would my problem be?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Replace the 1/2 fiber with a full fiber helps em last longer with heavier springs. I've never heard of em not letting you shift just slipping when hitting higher gears cause it's more load.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Just buy oem clutch unless fully modded take the 1/2 fiber out and replace it along with springs and full fiber from HDD clutch kit. It works much better.

·
Going broke one quad upgrade at a time
272 Posts
I'm having similar issues with mine. I could always hear a bit of "gear noise" coming from the clutch and tranny area, figured it to be normal. I dont know any better. This trip out to the dunes, 2 days in, and I take it out, it's fine in 1st and second without going full throttle, but the moment I tried to shoot up Banshee hill and put it under a load my engine just full rev'd and very little wheel spin. Barely made it up the thing. Felt like I was on a 250 raptor. My girlfriend should have taken advantage and kicked my @$$ going up it on her 400 LOL. On the way back to camp I could hear the same noise but majorly amplified, and it almost sounds like something is bouncing around in there. This sucks! I have never done a clutch. I'm hoping when I brake into it that it will just be a broke spring and burned up plates. What Causes this? Only 8 months and around 880 miles???

Also, why the HDD Kit? Someone has told me to get the EBC kit... Alot of people are saying that the stock kit bites on this thing. I want a direct drive, but not much use for it just yet. Or the coin.. LOL.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The stock 700 clutch has one fiber plate that's 1/2 the size of the others the HDD kit is just heavier springs and a full fiber to replace the small one with holds way better I'm running stock clutch with HDD kit and 75hp 56tq on EHS stingy stingy dyno it's holdin fine under 3rd gear launches and all when I can keep tb in place lol.

·
272 Posts
Where can I find the HDD springs and Fibers???

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
HDD (High Desert Dyno ) (951) 743-6328
His names Daniel he'll explain it all to ya.

·
272 Posts
Sweet, yeah I just got my Dynatek From Daniel, and he just moved up here a couple hours from me.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Sweet, yeah I just got my Dynatek From Daniel, and he just moved up here a couple hours from me.
Super cool guy I used to go see him everytime I went to Cali. Now he's in or.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts