Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been talked about on the forum so I did it! And yes it works, I added 3/8" using 3/16"x1/2" flat bar and TIG welded it the result is about 50% softer pull. I have ASV shortie levers and a D&D lock up clutch with 3 heavy and 3 stock springs.

Attachments

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Damn, lol. What are you going to think of next? That is awesome Chris!

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Damn chris YOU DID IT !!!!! lol

So it really works ! I was sure it's gonna work :)
That's sick man and looks really clean.
How much would you ask for one like that ? :D

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
Chris your Raptor king. Your the type of person who would sit on a stock raptor and instantly give it a 15 hp boost.

·
Registered
210 Posts
we did this to my buddys FZ6 about a year ago and its still there doing its job. the big questios is:

why didnt yamaha do this???

·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we did this to my buddys FZ6 about a year ago and its still there doing its job. the big questios is:

why didnt yamaha do this???
I kinda wondered the same thing, stock they aren't to bad but you start adding performance clutches and shorty levers and they get stiff real fast.

·
Registered
210 Posts
LOL No this is about the limit cause if you get much longer you run out of throw on the clutch lever. I already tried it.
i can relate, happened to us the first time, so we had to calculate the second extension carefully. i helped my friend out with the arm pump problem by making this extension but insisted that if yamaha didnt make it this way, there was a reason, he said do it anyway. its been alomst a year, its still there working as good as day one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Doesn't 50% lighter pull mean 50% less clutch travel? The farther you go out from the base radius, the less you move the clutch plates for the same cable travel. You are still able to get your clutch to fully disengage?

·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't 50% lighter pull mean 50% less clutch travel? The farther you go out from the base radius, the less you move the clutch plates for the same cable travel. You are still able to get your clutch to fully disengage?
Yup it still fully disengages the release point is a little further out and that's why 3/8" is about the limit cause you run out of throw on the hand lever. You might squeeze 1/2" longer out of it but then there wouldn't be much room for adjustment.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
I think it shouldn't affect the clutch disengagement since there's 1cm free play on the clutch lever... if so maybe you could just remove a little free play.

·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Plus I probably didn't use the most accurate way to check the pull but it was probably pretty close. I rigged up my Moroso on the engine valve spring checker on the end of the bars and hooked it to the clutch lever and pulled it stock then with the extended arm it was around 25-30 lbs stock and around 15-18lbs with the extended arm. like I said I'm not sure how accurate it is but the difference would be right.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Its amazing how such a small change makes a difference, I did this to my 660 years ago, made a huge difference with the aftermarket springs installed..........

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I need this my clutch after a couple hour ride I can barely squeeze with 2 fingers,lol.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Real nice man. Very clean! You could sell these if you wanted. Protec makes em for the yfz but not the raptor

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Now you just need to work over the garbage clutch cable holder that DD sends and set it at the right angle to accomidate for the cable being in a different spot.

·
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now you just need to work over the garbage clutch cable holder that DD sends and set it at the right angle to accomidate for the cable being in a different spot.
Yeah I know it's a little off, I had to bend it around to begin with for the DD now I gota do it all over again.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts