Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,i put a post up a while ago regarding my clutch basket but was a little bit vague.Im gonna try again.Just done a full rebuild on my o4 660 and have installed the clutch basket on the shaft and put the splined washer on followed by the inner hub lock washer ,and nut.All torqued up and im a bit concerned cos if i hold the basket i can rock it and there seems to be movement only in the basket not the inner hub.It looks like the gear on the back of the basket has very slight movement but the front part of the basket has quite a bit more.Should there be any movement at all or is it normall.Also i forgot to say i have not fitted the clutch plates yet.I hope someone can help me thanks julian???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi there,i put a post up a while ago regarding my clutch basket but was a little bit vague.Im gonna try again.Just done a full rebuild on my o4 660 and have installed the clutch basket on the shaft and put the splined washer on followed by the inner hub lock washer ,and nut.All torqued up and im a bit concerned cos if i hold the basket i can rock it and there seems to be movement only in the basket not the inner hub.It looks like the gear on the back of the basket has very slight movement but the front part of the basket has quite a bit more.Should there be any movement at all or is it normall.Also i forgot to say i have not fitted the clutch plates yet.I hope someone can help me thanks julian???
I'm sure you are good............

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clutch play

I hope its ok cos ive spent a fortune on a rebuild and i would be gutted if it goes bang. I wish i could compare it with another one, cheers julian:(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im a bit disapointed that ive had 40 views on my problem but only one reply.Surely someone can shed some more light on this.HELP PLEASE thanks julian

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Im a bit disapointed that ive had 40 views on my problem but only one reply.Surely someone can shed some more light on this.HELP PLEASE thanks julian
As I said before, you should be good. It needs some slight end play do the basket can spin when the clutch is disengaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts