Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So iv had oil comeing from my raptor and were i see oil is behind my starter and then the one im worried about the most is the clutch retainer bolt. The one that holds the clutch in and i went to take it out and its striped and has been helio threaded... along with the bolt being stripped.... so now I have no idea what to do. iv noticed the bolt has a smooth part that fits in a grove on the assembly so i dont want to put a regular bolt in it. Can someone please help me? :(.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So iv had oil comeing from my raptor and were i see oil is behind my starter and then the one im worried about the most is the clutch retainer bolt. The one that holds the clutch in and i went to take it out and its striped and has been helio threaded... along with the bolt being stripped.... so now I have no idea what to do. iv noticed the bolt has a smooth part that fits in a grove on the assembly so i dont want to put a regular bolt in it. Can someone please help me? :(.
This bolt retains the clutch shaft into place, it needs this tip to slide into the shaft, I would try making a bigger bolt fit and machine the tip to secure the clutch shaft........you may have to drill and tap the housing to the new bolt.................

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thank you Willy wanted to see if their was an easier way but guess not lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummmm yeh i think ill re tap it lol since im pretty sure the cover is aluminum and i dont have a welder to weld aluminum or that would be a great idea! but dont want to spend 300$ for someone who doesnt evin know how to use a drill press to do it. lol people around here dont put alot of effort in their work :( but thanks willy for the ideas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts