Raptor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a raptor 350. i bought an oem clutch cable for my raptor 350 to replace my old one, so i took the old one off, put the new one on the exact same way my old one was on (meaning i put it through all the same metal loops and what not), and its too short...so after 30 minutes of messing with it trying to find the problem, and looking in my yfz shop manual because i didnt have one for the 350, i found that their is an adjuster, after messing with the adjuster near the engine (screwing the big nut clockwise onto the threads makes the cable longer, right?) the cable became longer, but it STILL wasnt long enough (it wasnt even long enough to hook onto the clutch thing down on top of the clutch pushed all the way towards it) so i was so frustrated by that point i pulled it off the quad and put the two oem cables side by side on the ground, and well, their both the EXACT same length....figures. i then tried putting it on again (through all the metal loops an stuff) and, same as before, too short. what could i possibly me missing here?? i cant believe this is so hard! i didnt think it would be. i replaced the bars in 10 min, but this dang cable is going on 4 hours!! any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts