Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have 2004 raptor 660. i just did a complete engine rebuilt on it. new crank. new piston. and new clutch basket.

after rebuilding the bike . it starts and sound great, everything is working correctly except the clutch. after ridding for 5 minutes,. the clutch lever has no tension on it at all. while i tried different cables and installed new clutch springs. nothing is changing. i have taken it and inspected multiple times just to end up with the same results.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
Are you sure all the fibers and plates were put back in?

(1) Loosen the cable all the way.
(2) Check the clutch lever on the clutch case for free play.
-If no free play, you need a new clutch kit. If you need a new kit, I recommend "Driveline Performance" from ebay. Search Raptor 660 big bore/stroker HD clutch kit.
-If you have free play, pull the clutch release lever on the case, and change the index 1 (or more) notch away from the cable mount. Attach cable, adjust the free play and test again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the required thickness of the clutch plates. when the bike is cold the clutch function correctly. i am not sure the plates would fix it. i already adjusted for free play.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,587 Posts
what is the required thickness of the clutch plates. when the bike is cold the clutch function correctly. i am not sure the plates would fix it. i already adjusted for free play.
Clutche spec's are in the manual.
How much free play is at the clutch cover lever?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts