Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I read the new sticky and it didn't have any info to help my problem. So here it is. Okay at christmas time i had put a new barnett dirt digger clutch on my fourwheeler. It was all installed properly. I had put it all back together and have never been able to get it to catch. I do run yamahalube 4 oil so that shouldn't be the problem. I have enough oil so that also shouldn't be the problem. Now my springs I got with the clutch so they shouldn't be worn and none are binding. The little hub the springs sit on is put on right. I just can't figure it out. Could they be glazed? Should I try roughing them up? Is there a break-in procedure. Please get back to me I'm stuck. Also I would like to add that today when I went riding they caught well for awhile and then started slipping.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
When you put the cover on did you make sure to pull the shaft out before putting it on, put cover on, drop shaft in, turn it all the way clockwise, pull out and then line up marks? When you line the marks up you shouldnt be able to move it clockwise.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did that. I made sure everything was put right. I figured out the problem though. I decided to measure and see how thick the plates were. they were too thin. They had been worn way too much. I believe it is because I was having an oil delivery problem. My pump had gone out and I believe it was what caused my old clutch to go out. I also just got the oil pump problem fixxed which I believe is what let it catch for about a good day of riding until they just couldn't catch anymore.

I will be looking at purchasing another barnett clutch. Are there any disadvantages to kevlar plates?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone at all?

·
Registered
827 Posts
my buddy ran a barnett clutch for one ride and burnt it out on his YFZ450 so i would use them again as i feel they mey have a bad run of clutch plates.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Does your buddy know how to drive? :confused:

·
Registered
827 Posts
he races PRO AM you tell me!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts