Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my new clutch from EBC and after putting the cover on I noticed that I could not get it to shift, it is stuck gear.... It is a 2001 and has had no problems shifting.. According to the yamaha service history it had the tranny replaced in mid 2002, so it is unk to me if it has the update or not.... I have not started it yet cause I need to buy the oil and filter tomorrow.. I followed the install according to the manual to the T.. Let me know if there is something I should check....

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Did you try moving it while trying to shift, there not ment to shift not running, sometimes they lock and wont shift unless you move a little bit. Just a week ago I was riding and I backed up and I could not move the shifter at all and then I coasted it forward and it shifted fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
with the clutch cover off you can pop the shifter out of place. the cover keeps the shifter in position.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Limited660 said:
Did you try moving it while trying to shift, there not ment to shift not running, sometimes they lock and wont shift unless you move a little bit. Just a week ago I was riding and I backed up and I could not move the shifter at all and then I coasted it forward and it shifted fine.
Yes I tried to rock it back and forth.. I will buy oil and filter later today and see what it does after I get it running..
leewmlds said:
with the clutch cover off you can pop the shifter out of place. the cover keeps the shifter in position.
So what do I need to look for and do??

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you have a service manual it discribse how to. you will have to take the clutch cover back off, and when looking at the clutch, and between 7, and 8 oclock you will see the shifter(besides the clutch assembly). it is the shifter rod. it controls the shift drum. i can not remember how to line everything back up at this time. but there are sites that you can download the service manual from. sorry i could not help further.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
www.sandwizards.com has the manual for the raptor. Did you soak the clutches before installing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
leewmlds said:
if you have a service manual it discribse how to. you will have to take the clutch cover back off, and when looking at the clutch, and between 7, and 8 oclock you will see the shifter(besides the clutch assembly). it is the shifter rod. it controls the shift drum. i can not remember how to line everything back up at this time. but there are sites that you can download the service manual from. sorry i could not help further.
When I istalled the clutch I don't remember the manual saying anything about that... I really appreciate all of yalls help..
Limited660 said:
www.sandwizards.com has the manual for the raptor. Did you soak the clutches before installing?
Thank you for the sight for the manual I already have one but I will read through this one to see if anythng might be different... I soaked the clutches for 4 days before insalling them... I did notice that the there is barely any pressure on the clutch lever though??? I feels like there is no clutch at all.... Wes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you leewmlds you were right some how the linkage came off of the cam looking shifter.. It shifts perfect.. Thanks everyone.. Wesley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts