Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode friday and today and my clutch is defiantly done for. I can still cruise around on the trails and whoop up on my buddies 400ex but I have to back off alot when it starts slipping. I can barely get it to pull the front wheels up 2nd gear on pavement and have to lean back just for that. When I gas it hard it will rev up high and i have to find just the right amount of throttle for it to not slip, which is about half throttle. But its really bad while making sharp turns, if i turn the wheels all the way and let the clutch out, it will just sit there, rev up and not even move. That makes for great difficulty on tight trails

So what kind of clutch do I need to get that will hold up to my power? Also in the future Im shooting for more power so I want it to hold up to that as well. I want a strong clutch that will last a long time

Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
John- I used a gytr clutch and basket in mine...

by the way-don't come near me or talk to me, I don't want your bad luck rubbing off on me.. :lol: :joke:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know what it is with stuff going wrong. But I figure after a new clutch everything should go good. Most of the internal parts are fresh and assembled by some expert up in virginia so idk what else could go wrong. After I got the motor back in the clutch went real fast, I had a feeling it wouldnt hold up after seeing everyone upgrade their clutch when doing a motor build and I didnt

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I mentioned the basket because thats another weak point from what I've heard. You'd really flip if you got a after market clutch installed and your basket took a crap on ya. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
thats my recommendation, since it was recommended to me by several other members who use it.
I can't say that you won't have anymore problems.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
It should, I don't see why not. Just make sure you soak the clutch plates over night in oil and give the clutch a good break in.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Why not look into a Barnett Dirt Digger clutch. Me and a couple of buddies have them and they are nuts. You wanna talk about nuthin but grab get one of these. Also as RT said make sure you soak your plates. Although alot of aftermarkets will say about 5-15 minutes because any longer will not help and just makes you have to wait longer to ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
And the Pressure Plate and Inner Hub dont need buy to?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Barnett Dirt Digger clutch= junk!

Replaced 3 of them in about a 5 month period and only had about 2 rides on each on. And yes i know how to ride. Chance

·
Registered
29 Posts
why anyone dont reply my question? :'(

·
Registered
43 Posts
i put mine in today .. it sucked .. i will never do it again.. i will take it some were if i ever need it done again.. the whole thing was a pain..

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no you dont need a new pressure plate or inner hub if your just replacing the clutch

yeah, mine was a pain in the ass, replacing the clutch was alright but just getting too it was the hard part. i bought a hinson basket to put in but didnt because it looked like way more work and i didnt have the tools neccesary to remove the nut holdong the basket on. i had to go riding the next day and had already been working on it for 8 hours so i said fuk it

so if anyone wants a brand new GYTR/Hinson basket let me know, think I paid bout $180 and thats the cheapest i could find. ill sell it for $170 shipped to anywhere in the US if you need this part anyways you mine as well buy it from me because its cheaper and its still in the box brand new

·
Registered
29 Posts
if i use the kit of 7plates i dont need change the basket but if i buy the kit of 8plates i need buy the hinson basket.i think this are correct

1 - 17 of 17 Posts