Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with my clutch not releasing. a little history...

I had my clutch come apart and tore up the basket and hub. So I got a new GYRT clutch basket and a new OEM hub with a Barrett clutch kit. now when I put everything back together and put the cover on when I pull the clutch in it will not let the tires spin.

It has been sitting in my shop with the cover off for about a year. I am wondering if the fibers picked up enough moisture to swell so when I tighten up the pressure plate there may be too much tension. The other idea I have is maybe if I pull the fibers back out and soak them overnight in oil it might let them slip better.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Did you put them in dry?

·
Registered
298 Posts
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8688

I would soak them again and check out this thread to make sure you have everything adjusted properly...Sometimes if my Raptor has been sitting for a while it won't move easily in gear by just pulling in the clutch. It needs to run for a min or so to get the oil flowing...I think that is just the nature of a wet clutch.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
& you said you have a new clutch basket & hub right? How about the clutch adjustment's? Is there proper free play in the clutch?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not get that far. when I put the cover back on I pulled the clutch lever with a pair of channel locks. I could feel it turn with just the spring tension. Then it got hard and I could feel the pressure plate pull out. I had the back lifted up so I could spin the tires and when I tried this the tires could not spin. they would move just enough for the free play in the transmission.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I did not get that far. when I put the cover back on I pulled the clutch lever with a pair of channel locks. I could feel it turn with just the spring tension. Then it got hard and I could feel the pressure plate pull out. I had the back lifted up so I could spin the tires and when I tried this the tires could not spin. they would move just enough for the free play in the transmission.
Set it up properly and it should work.........get the proper freeplay, and make sure the timing marks are lined up when you install the clutch lever on the trans, the shaft should be turned so all freeplay is gone when you install the lever...............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts