Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Rocket Factory 770 kit with a 10 shot of nitirous and I am having difficulty with my clutch. I am currently using a Barnett clutch and spring set which is not lasting. I am getting excessive slip and the plates are not lasting more than a few hard rides. Is anyone aware of a stronger setup than the Barnett???

Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my barnett clutch didn't even last a dyno pull I had to buy new clutch disks but I kept the springs....I think I have either EBC or some other really cheap clutch disks try changing the disks and sanding down the friction plates in a circular manner should help

·
Registered
147 Posts
use stock disk and friction plates and barrnet springs stock disks are better then after market if this does not work check in to a lock out clutch like high hp banshees run

·
Registered
204 Posts
What kind of oil are you running? That will affect the clutch.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
sanbullet said:
use stock disk and friction plates and barrnet springs stock disks are better then after market if this does not work check in to a lock out clutch like high hp banshees run

I can't agree with that, I went thru the stock clutches in 20 min.When your making the mid 70's in HP and mid 60's in TQ the clutch is the weak link and the stock components just won't do the job. If you use the combination of the new Barnett friction material that just became avalable in March and the barnett 60% springs, also as suggested sand the steels in a circular motion on both sides, coupled with a hinson pressure plate, hub and basket and running a non synthetic blend oil it should hold up for you. So far this is what is working for me on my 780. The lockup clutch for the 700R is in the R&D stages and may be avalable in a few months but it will require some down time as you have to send the clutch cover off to be modified and it will be fairly spendy so about the only option right now that I know of that works on high HP & TQ 700's is what I described above. How long it's going to last, I have no idea :3question:

Randy

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Another thing to consider for you guys with the 770's and up if your like me, you were launching in third gear with a set of 22'' x 11'' x 8 8 or more paddle haulers. I'm now working on gearing mine so I can launch in 2nd and still have nearly as good as leave as I did in 3rd, I think this will help the clutch last a little longer untill a lockup is avalable :unsure: Something to think about anyway, I know I don't want to change another clutch untill the lockup is avalable :'(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Randy,

Are you talking about the Barnett Cryo Plates that are their new technology?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
gothev8 said:
Randy,

Are you talking about the Barnett Cryo Plates that are their new technology?
No, I am talking about the new friction material they are using on the friction discs in the YPK-68D clutch kit for the 700R

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
techquadshop said:
We will have lockout clutches available very soon. I should have the exact date for you guys early next week.

Right on! I'm definitly in the market for a lockup clutch for my 780.
I look forward to seeing what you have to offer :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts