Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new clutch kit for my 700 now that I`ve added the piston and cam! Seems like clutch is slipping a little, even though I`ve adjusted! Does anyone have any input on the Tusk kit, seems like a good price for the kit! What else besides a cover gasket if anything will be needed! I already have a basket holding tool!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Call TQS and get their upgraded kit that comes w 30% stronger springs and an extra full fiber. You get rid of the retainer wire and a spacer and replace the half fiber w a full one.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Call TQS and get their upgraded kit that comes w 30% stronger springs and an extra full fiber. You get rid of the retainer wire and a spacer and replace the half fiber w a full one.
Actually that's DL700's clutch kit. Now Steve sales them also works great if you got shorty levers it's a slightly stiffer pull but FLWOODSRAPTOR has a clutch mod to make it pull 50% easier even with stiffer springs.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I will never use a Tusk clutch again. Mine lasted 24 hours of ride time and it took many hours for me to clean all the little chunks of clutch from inside my cases.

You will need a ride side case cover gasket. No special tools necessary for a clutch change.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Looking for a new clutch kit for my 700 now that I`ve added the piston and cam! Seems like clutch is slipping a little, even though I`ve adjusted! Does anyone have any input on the Tusk kit, seems like a good price for the kit! What else besides a cover gasket if anything will be needed! I already have a basket holding tool!
Just buy new OEM plates and fibers then the HD kit from DL700(High Desert Dyno) or TQS. It has stiffer springs and replaces the half fiber with a full one out the yf450r dirtbikes works good upto about 80hp

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Or get a YZ450F kit (has all full size fibers) and go with your choice of springs. With a mild build like that you shouldn't need anything too stiff.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Or get a YZ450F kit (has all full size fibers) and go with your choice of springs. With a mild build like that you shouldn't need anything too stiff.
Agreed, you don't need any super special clutch setups...and the HDD springs are way too stiff if you do tight trails.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
+1

Agreed, you don't need any super special clutch setups...and the HDD springs are way too stiff if you do tight trails.
the HDD springs are super stiff 30-50% stiffer I use em with shorties avs but after 1hr and a half my forearms are super sore. I also dint do physical work I drive car for a living. I been working out lately though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey wobble I've got two on each side, no room for anymore! I was just givin him a hard time, maybe the sarcasm didnt come across well on a computer.

I dont mind the HDD springs but its all dune riding for me!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you ride further than 300 ft at a time? if not, shut your fucking mouth.
Wow man, you must have missed this -

Hey wobble I've got two on each side, no room for anymore! I was just givin him a hard time, maybe the sarcasm didnt come across well on a computer.
Sounds like you've got more issues than a sore forearm. Jokes over fellas.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
ok truce...damnit no one wants to start shit anymore :(

Just poking some fun at you, no hard feelings here haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts