Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long time since I've been on here. Trying to get our 9 year old interested in riding again. Been eyeing a 250 Raptor for him and he seems interested. I am sure I can teach him to shift only problem is the distance the clutch lever is from the grip.

Looking for ways to bring it closer.

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Asv adjustable leavers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
First off just as a temporary "just see" put loads of slack in the cable until the little guys hand is comfortable and see if there is enough movement on the lever to disengage the clutch ie will it go through the gears and find neutral.if it's Ok re adjust the slack back to normal and use two ring spanners (wrenches ?) to bend the std lever closer to the bars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, for some reason I didn't get any notifications. We brought a 2011 250 home today for him.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for the replies, for some reason I didn't get any notifications. We brought a 2011 250 home today for him.
That's awesome, He's one lucky kid :) Got any pics? Would love to see it! :D

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
righteousstuntmetal clutch (rsc clutch)

http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/ this is the best clutch ever i have ever bought its half the pull of a normal clutch and much closer so the majority of your hand doesnt leave the handlebar... it can be pulled with one finger pm me for any questions

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Alright, nerf bars installed yesterday. Today ordered Sunline adjustable brake lever, Streamline hydraulic clutch kit with adj lever, GYTR plug in kill switch and Powermadd blue and silver handguards.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what'd those hand guards run you? and what site if you did buy them offline. thanks
$52 guards and mounts. I very seldom buy parts online due to getting 20% off from one local dealer and cost+20% from another dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sunline replacement brake lever came in today, makes a big difference. Hopefully I can figure out the Streamline clutch this weekend. Instructions came with pictures of 9 different quads and how to mount the bracket. Oops, no picture or instructions for the little raptor. Talked with the guy who did the original R&D on the 250, he is looking for the pics they took.

Original brake lever

Sunline adj lever

little guys hand on brake lever now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts