Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused on how the clutch on my raptor 700 is lubricated, does it share the crankcase oil or is it separate gear oil? It was running a little rough the other day after I took it out of winter storage and I would like to optimize it the best I can without replacing expensive parts for now. Any thoughts on adjustments, lubrication or anything else would me much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Its a wet clutch application so yes it uses the motor oil in the crank case. Just make sure you use an appropriate wet clutch approved oil or its going to shift like crap! I think the clutch is self adjusting on mine but not sure about your 2007 se. You could do the half fiber mod for the clutch. Getting rid of that half fiber will greatly help. Its in the 700 archives if im not wrong. But i would postpone that until you need to change it out.

Maybe someone with better knowledge will chime in for you...They should everyone is awesome on here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using Synth 10w30 Yamalube. For next time whats the most similar oil to this that doesn't cost $19 a quart? LOL

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Theres alot of brands out there. Just use what your most comfortable using. Just make sure its full synth and wet clutch approved. That full synth Yamalube is ok you know if you dont want to go crazy money wize. I never used it i use this shnitt at 12.99 plus tax blah blah stupid government grenade up their @$$ soon!! LOL

Good enough for my cheap @$$ and its full synth wet clutch approved...

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Theres alot of brands out there. Just use what your most comfortable using. Just make sure its full synth and wet clutch approved. That full synth Yamalube is ok you know if you dont want to go crazy money wize. I never used it i use this shnitt at 12.99 plus tax blah blah stupid government grenade up their @$$ soon!! LOL

Good enough for my cheap @$$ and its full synth wet clutch approved...
No pic frenchie

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
No pic ? what ya mean no pic?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
what ever you use make sure it dose not have moly which will screw up your clutch.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Yep I think all or most 4 stroke atv/ motor cycle motors are that way.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Yup +1 on that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts