Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding the other day and when I let go of the clutch all the way and speeding through gears it would take a while for it to catch. Even in lets say second putting around and then trying to wheelie it all of a sudden the motor will just rev and then finally it will kick in. Noticed my lever was going out almost all the way before clutch was disengaging so I backed the adjusting bolt out of the shift lever all the way and have back it up on the cable down on the casing as far as it would go. Are these two things related or is it something else? Also is it the clutch that needs replacing or just maybe the springs got wore out? Any insight will be appreciated. :3question:

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
There is also adjustment near the clutch pack, follow your cable down to find it. But the symptoms you're seeing are indications that your clutch is wearing out. Springs don't go bad nearly as frequently as fibers and plates do, and that's what you'll need to replace. If you've still got oem springs I'd suggest something stiffer, if you already have aftermarket springs you can just buy new plates. Be sure to check the rest of the clutch components for wear or damage while it's apart.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will changing the clutch fix the problem with the reving when I hammer down on it and when I shift through the gears real fast?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.